Beware...mmf Is Hot!

Decorating By cindww Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 4:45am by JulieB

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:41am
post #1 of 11

Hey guys,
I am basically typing this with one hand because I severely burned 3 fingers on my right hand yesterday with some hooooooooooot MMF. I had put it in the microwave to soften and basically got distracted by a phone call. Reached in to get the MMF and it was melted and stuck to my 3 fingers. I tell you, I have 3 children..2 of them delivered with no drugs and I have never felt pain like I felt yesterday. I have enormous blisters on3 fingers but thank god the pain has subsided a bit today. I took a vicodan last night so I could get through the night.
Thanks for reading, but please no advice on handling MMF.. I've learned that lesson in a very painful way.

Cindy

10 replies
ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:48am
post #2 of 11

Oh my!!!! icon_eek.gif I can only imagine how much that hurt(s). icon_cry.gif I hope the burns heal quickly. Your fingers are going to be extra sensitive to heat for a while. icon_sad.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 11

Ouch!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 11

ouch.gif Poor thing! I am so sorry this happened to you! I have burned myself with just about everything imaginable in the kitchen (the molten coconut cream pie filling was the worst) but no accidents with the MMF yet- knock on wood. I will remember to be extra careful! Hope you heal soon...fingertip burns are the worst thumbsdown.gif

Amber

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 11

I'm SOOOO sorry you got burned. Burns are the abosolute worst. But when you get burned with something very sugary, marshmellow, sugar syrup, its even worse because it just sticks to you and keeps on burning.
I hope you heal quickly.

greenhorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greenhorn Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks for the warning. I have yet to make MMF, but when I do, I'll remember your poor fingers! Hope you heal quickly!

gabbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbs Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 11

ohh so sorry to hear that, i've never burned my fingers with MMF but i've burned them with my hair iron, i closed it in my fingers and even in my ear !
to the point where u could see the fresh skin !! so i know pretty much how u feel ... so sorry

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:02pm
post #8 of 11

Appreciate the warning. I haven't attempted MMF as yet...

Hope you heal quickly and thanks for letting others know the cautions!!

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 11

Hot marshmellow is one of the worst things to get burnt on, I remember a kid when I was in school was microwaving fluff (marshmellow creme if you aren't familar with that brand) to make fudge and it bubbled and exploded, he had severe burns and was out of school for a bit. I can't imagine the pain icon_cry.gif . I hope you heal up well.

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 4:57am
post #10 of 11

Been there - done that! I hope you are on your way to healing!

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:45am
post #11 of 11

Oh, no, you poor thing! Burns are so painful....... I hope you heal quickly and completely...........

Thank you for letting us know......... we are so sorry you had to learn this painful lesson.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%