Is It Me Or Is This Normal???

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 9 Aug 2006 , 12:35am by LittleLinda

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 6

I was preparing another cake for another fair entry and after working on the fondant roses and getting all of the flowers done I have no desire to finish the cake. It is humid and they are not drying very fast, but still I have lost all ambition to finish the cake. So no entry and I guess I will put the flowers up for another day. Does anyone else go through this? I have a cake to do by Friday so I hope I can find the get up and go again... icon_sad.gif

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 6

When things don't go as well as you want, it does get to be frustrating. Walking away is sometimes the best road. Although throwing the blasted thing into the street is sometimes tempting. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

SugarHighCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarHighCakes Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah...

I have those times.

Its usually when I have 3-4 cakes due on the same day (what am I thinking??)

Yes JoAnnB, Those are the times when the street DOES look very tempting icon_razz.gif

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 6

Walk away, relax, and wind down a bit. I try this when I start a cake project and don't want to finish it. Sometimes I just have so much on my mind or I am so tired that I need a break.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 6

It ain't you! You have CADD (Cake ADD). Usually happens when you are in the middle of a project and you suddenly lose all ionterest in what you are doing. You are not alone!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:35am
post #6 of 6

I guess it falls into the category of women putting themselves last. This is not something for a customer, it's something you want to do for yourself ... and you just don't feel you're worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%