Attaching Fondant Flowers To Bc Icing

Decorating By maddiseeyore Updated 9 Aug 2006 , 10:50am by maddiseeyore

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm new here and not sure how to do this posting stuff. Hopefully this will sail off into cyberspace and someone will read it! And how will I know if someone does......?? Oh well, here's my question, hope someone can help me:

I have made a bunch of flowers out of fondant and want to attach them to a cake iced with buttercream. Will they soften up too much? How far in advance can I attach them? A day? An hour? And would I just stick them on the buttercream? This is only my third cake, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jackie

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to CakeCentral.

If the fondant is dry before you add it to your cake, the icing should not bother them.

If they are wired flowers, the wires are generally not inserted directly into the cake. you can use a flower pick, or even a straw to hold the flowers in place. If necessary, you can wrap the wire with plastic wrap.

It would be best to wait until as late a possible to add the flowers, but they should be fine for several hours.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 4

I made fondant roses for a cake and after they dried for a few days I used buttercream to attach them. They still look good and it has been a week--dummy cake. Just put them on when you have time that day and try to avoid the humidity.

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:50am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies! Wow....I like this site alot! Such an abundance of information and help!
Thanks again!
Jackie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%