Question About Guitar Cakes!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 22 Jun 2007 , 12:32am by katwomen1up

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 9

I would like to try and make a guitar cake for my son's bday next week, he just started taking lessons, anyway, I am not sure about the neck, what the best route to take is. Whether to make out of cake or styrofoam or what. Also what is the best way to attach to the body of guitar if using styrofoam or cake? Thanks in advance for your help!

8 replies
dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 9

I took the easy route and used wilton's guitar pan. the picture is in my gallery. icon_smile.gif

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominique26

I took the easy route and used wilton's guitar pan. the picture is in my gallery. icon_smile.gif

I don't have that so I am going to carve mine, by the way you have the same bday as my son! Happy bday in advance!

dawnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnh Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 9

My daughter made a guitar cake for her boyfriend she used 2- 13x 9 pans 1 for the body of the guitar one for the neck. hope this helps she also made musical notes out of royal icing to put around the cake.

dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you! I see you have a Birthday tomorrow...Happy Birthday! party.gif

emmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmam Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 9

I would use cake and carve it. I made one and used licorice for frets and strings and a ribbon as the strap, it was great

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 9

For mine, I did the neck out of many cardboards stacked and cut then covered in fondant. I inserted three long skewers into this and inserted it into the cake on site. I used a little block of cardboards under the tablecloth at the end of the neck to hold it up - was a very realistic 3-d look.

Tat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tat Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 9

Try using the rice crispie treats that come individually packaged. I think if you cover them in fondant, they'd look great.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 12:32am
post #9 of 9

I used a 1/2 sheet cake and carved the whole thing out of that. It worked out great. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%