Root Beer Float Cake?

Decorating By littlemissmuffin Updated 9 Aug 2006 , 12:55pm by birdgirl

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 6

I tried searching through the forum but couldn't really find anything specific on it. I'd love to try to make a root bear float type cake for my kids - flavoring and all. I was thinking the icing would be root beer flavored and the cake would be vanilla/white chocolate flavored. Any tips? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffin

I tried searching through the forum but couldn't really find anything specific on it. I'd love to try to make a root bear float type cake for my kids - flavoring and all. I was thinking the icing would be root beer flavored and the cake would be vanilla/white chocolate flavored. Any tips? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

here's one idea from CC gallery: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=rootbeer&cat=0&pos=0&search=rootbeer

also search 'beer' in the galleries- a few big pint glasses with bubbles/head- even if they're beer. STill some inspiration - I especially liked a few i saw now and other times i've surfed the gallery the upright pint glasses - the kind they serve floats in at A&W

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 6

If you're looking for a dessert cake, here is a link to a recipe:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakemixcakeQS/cakemix420.html

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 6

Here is a recipe:

Root beer float cake

1 pkg white cake mix (18 1/4 oz)
1 3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 envelope whipped topping mix

Combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs for 2 minutes on low speed. Pour into a 9"x13" pan that has been greased and bake for 30 to 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cool.

Mix root beer and whipped topping mix in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in fridge.

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:45am
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys. Has anyone tried the root beer flavoring extract? With the Root Beer cake does it come out like a 7Up cake?

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 6

I have not tried the recipe I posted myself, but got it from someone who really likes it. I have not used the flavoring either--sorry can't help there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%