Idea For A Cake And Ice Cream Party.

Decorating By beginningcakebaker Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 9:35pm by crystalina1977

beginningcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beginningcakebaker Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi. I'm soon to be 22 and I want a cake for my birthday party in a few weeks. I am having a cake and ice cream party but I don't want an ice cream cake. That would be too much ice cream. I know I want an unusual but adult looking cake. The colors of the party are bright pink, turquoise, lime green, and orange so I want a colorful cake. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for all your advice. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
disneycakegirl23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneycakegirl23 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:30am
post #2 of 6

well you could do a normal circle cake with all of those colors coming out and then make fondant ice cream cones with your colors that you want as the color of the ice cream on the fondant ice cream cones??

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:14am
post #3 of 6

Depending on how many people you have coming you could make a tier cake. Ice one in orange one in pink. You can make stars or confetti (swirls, squares, triangles)out of fondant in the other colors and place them all over the cake. Some of the pieces could be on wires coming out of the top. It would look very festive and not to kiddy like. Hope this helps a little. Happy early Birthday!

beginningcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beginningcakebaker Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much for the ideas.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 6

I have seen a pic of a cake on here that has ice cream cones, split in half and applied to the outside border of the cake, so that the top of the ice cream cone is level with the top of the cake. Then along the top border at each ice cream cone opening, they piped large swirls of frosting that look like ice cream. You could use any colors you want for the ice cream. I don't know how to add attachments yet or else I would show you! I will try to figure it out.
Crissy

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_7597.html

sorry I can't figure it out, but maybe this will help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%