Sweet 16 Ideas?

Decorating By tmt Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 9:30am by amberhoney

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 6

I need sweet 16 cake ideas! Customer wants something grown-up but not too frilly and not too girly. I found one that I like that is actually a wedding cake on http://www.sweet-alternatives.com/cake.htm -- the "I DO" cake. Does anyone else have a cute cake for a girl's sweet 16?

5 replies
alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 6

what about geometric shapes.

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 6

here's one i did for the same type of 16 yr old....she wanted something grown up and not too girly....i went with this funky design....HTH
LL

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 9:01am
post #4 of 6

I had a similar order just last week, I just did a fuchsia pink and lime green purse cake (in my pics) which was sooo much fun to make. Something tells me I'm going to end up doing more of these because it is so easy to vary the details, patterns and colouring. I might make one for my 13yo DH this year, she fell in love with the idea as well. Hope you get lots of other suggestions too!

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 9:27am
post #5 of 6

I like the I DO cake...the car on it is PERFECT for someone getting their liscence! I would do something very similar, different colors like aqua, white and little pale yellow. Not too frilly with those colors, but still girly colors.

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 9:30am
post #6 of 6

oops make that 13yo DD, not DH!!!
I will try and post a pic of my cake....
OK I tried but its too big and I still can't figure out how to reduce them. Where is that DD - I mean DH - when I need him!!??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%