Delivery Question / Alternative Design Ideas

Decorating By christyA Updated 7 Aug 2006 , 6:57pm by Doug

christyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christyA Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a teapot cake for my SIL's office. It's a daytime event and I have a full-time job outside of cakes so I won't be able to deliver the cake to the finishing line. I'll be delivering it to my SIL Monday evening for her to take into the office Tuesday.

I was wanting to do a teapot with a tilted lid and roses cascading over the side. But I'm afraid of how sturdy the lid is going to be since it's tilted and only supported by a couple of dowel rods. Should I instead just place the lid on the cake board off to the side? I'm putting it all on a 9x13 cake board and making it a tea party scene with teacups & saucers, spoon, sugar cubes, and glove on a lace doily, so there will be room to place the lid to the side.

Any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

3 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:19am
post #2 of 4

I think on the side would be your safest bet. Good luck

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

If you made the lid out of gumpaste it would probably be light enough to be held up by the flowers. (are the flowers coming out of the top of the teapot? that's what I'm envisioning) Just don't refrigerate the gumpaste.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 4

make lid of gumpaste/fondant.

support w/ hidden dowels

AND

use short pieces of wire embedded into end of dowels and into lid to be sure it stays in place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%