I Ordered Kitchenaid - And Got A Good Deal!

Decorating By JosieP Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 4:27am by pilesoflaundry

JosieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JosieP Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 16

I finally bit the bullet and bought a kitchenaid. I had to order it because the color I wanted wasn't in stock, but it is already on the way! I'm so excited! I used my mother's old one when i made my first wedding cake, and it was indispensible. She had stored it covered in our basement, and hadn't used it in over 20 years. All I had to do was plug it in and it was ready to go! Amazing! I fell in love! icon_smile.gif

I wanted to let people know about the deal I got. I got it from Bed Beth and Beyond. They send out coupons about once a month for 20% any single item. That means 269 becomes 215! You can begin receiving the coupons in the mail by signing up for their mailing list online. They also had the professional models there.

15 replies
knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 16

I'm so jealous. icon_surprised.gif

I wanna Kitchenaid!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I'm glad you're lovin' it--you deserve it! icon_smile.gif

--Knox--

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 16

I wanted to let everyone know, that I have been watching KA'a on ebay. (I have one, but thought if I could get another one at a good price I would). Anyway, they have like 4 colors available or something like that, and they have been going for about $170...free shipping! Just an FYI for anyone looking to get one!

JosieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JosieP Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 16

Wow - 170 is an amazing deal. A friend of mine ended up getting his brand new for about $90! Bed Bath and Beyond price matches. So he found some deal at Marshall's online on a red Artisan that was being discontinued. He printed the deal, took it to BB&B. They matched the sale price and let him use the 20% discount I mentioned before. He was lucky that they had the very same color that was in the online sale, otherwise it wouldn't have worked. I saw it in his kitchen and almost fell on the floor. He's not even a baker!!!!! He recently decided he wanted to start baking as a hobby and before he even tried out a recipe, he got the mixer. Unebelievable. Since then I wasn't able to get the idea out of my mind! icon_smile.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:29am
post #5 of 16

90 bucks....thats great. I would have bought 2.

kjgjam22 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:36am
post #6 of 16

hi all,

anyone interested to try to capitalize on the bed bath and beyone offer.....williams sonoma is having a sale on the professional 600 brass pearl mixer....299.00... bed bath and beyone may honor and match it. then you save 100.00. I guess if you also have a discount coupon you could use that too. hope you get it. icon_wink.gif

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 16

KJG, the 600 series for $299, that is great. I'll have to check it out. I've been watching the ones on ebay too. I want the 475 or 575 watts.

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 16

Hi Guys,
I just bought The 600 pro kitchen aid at kitchen aid.com for 249!!! I bought it from the refrib. site. They had a ton left when I bought mine. It works really really and there is a 6month warrenty. So I fewlt pretty safe about it. And they have almost all the colors available.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:19pm
post #9 of 16

sales are always good - but just keep in mind what you are getting for what you pay . . . the KA models vary in price quite a bit. but coupons are ALWAYS a bonus!

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:27pm
post #10 of 16

I know someone who got a kitchen aid not very old with all the attachments at a garage sale for $25! I was so jealous, she said that the person selling it didn't really know what she was selling. Maybe Santa will bring me one. icon_cry.gif

kjgjam22 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 16

refurbished is what exactly??

littlemissmuffin Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 16

I am in love, Sonoma has a Lavender KA. Lavender!! Drool, drool, drool.

ch0psuey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ch0psuey Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:05pm
post #13 of 16

My Williams Sonoma has three discontinued colors on sale for about $180! Two are Artisans and one is a Professional.

I got mine refurbished on Ebay for $160 (free shipping).

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:05pm
post #14 of 16

I was so lucky, My Mother has always been a baker (her cin rolls are so in demand at X-mas time we all get tired of the smell in her house) so she got me a professional series KA mixer when i got married...course I never used it much until I got into cake decorating!

littlemissmuffin Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:38am
post #15 of 16

YYYaayyy I won a KA on Ebay, 475 watt, 5 quart Pro HD. Yippeekiaaaa.

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:27am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukisaru

I know someone who got a kitchen aid not very old with all the attachments at a garage sale for $25! I was so jealous, she said that the person selling it didn't really know what she was selling. Maybe Santa will bring me one. icon_cry.gif

Someone I know has one, she got it as a wedding gift and she wants to get rid of it! She said she won't because her husband wants it for cookies but they never use it. I told her, girl you don't know what you have!! I love my KA, maybe a bit too much icon_redface.gif I have a white because it was cheapest (good sale at the px but they only carry white) , I would love a colored one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%