Can Someone Please Help???

Decorating By fastcarsfreedom Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 4:24pm by fastcarsfreedom

fastcarsfreedom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fastcarsfreedom Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 7

My 5 year old is about to turn 6 and he wants a Ghost Rider cake. He wants the eyes made out of gumballs and the head to be on fire...so it should be pretty easy right?? I got nothin...lol icon_lol.gif so any ideas are welcome!!

6 replies
alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 7

Depending on how complicated you want to make this, I would probably do a frozen buttercream transfer for the skull, stick the gumballs in the eyes after you've put it on the cake, then mix yellow/orange and orange/red in single piping bags and use tip 352 for flames.

I'm attaching a link to a comic book cover, which will be easier to work from than live action/cgi from the movie.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/4025_4_001.jpg

*edited to add forgotten link

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 7

Hmmm - I thought the coolest part of the movie was the motorcycle! And if you look, Ghost Rider has no eyeballs even on the comic cover just a skull with flames. a FBCT would be so neat as well as maybe a edible image?

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 7

If you aren't able to do an edible image, maybe you can do a laminated picture. I've done a few that way and it sure saved me a lot of time and hassle on figuring out how I was gonna do the cake. Our local bakery does edible images, but charges $12. So, if you can laminate, that could be an option for you. Then the borders of the cake can have flames and if you don't have an airbrush, you can buy the sprays to get some reds, yellows and black for the background.

Here's 2 cakes I did with laminated pics.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=264413
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=309883

namaman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
namaman Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 7

Were you planning on making the motorcycle 3-D or making it flat on top of a sheet? If you did it 3-D you could use gumpaste painted / colored to look like flames to attach to the head of the Ghost Rider.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Another thought - are you looking for something for a FBCT or just an image to put on the cake? If you google "flaming skull images", you'll get a bunch of hits that you could work from there.
Are you going 3D? You could google Ghost Rider Statues and you'll get some images to work off for a 3D cake.
HTH!!!

fastcarsfreedom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fastcarsfreedom Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 7

thanx for all the ideas...I really do wanna do 3-D I want somethin that he'll go crazy about... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%