My New Discovery

Decorating By rachmakescakes Updated 5 Aug 2006 , 4:31am by montanakate

rachmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachmakescakes Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:12am
post #1 of 3

I always get frustrated when I'm decorating a cake that's too big for my turntable. I know that if I put a larger cake on there, the cake board will buckle in the middle and mess everything up. I find it time consuming to put down my bag, rotate the cake and then get back to business (especially when using my airbrush...I'm sure a lot of you can relate).

A light went on in my head tonight. I put a large board (probably 20" x 16") on my turntable and then put my cake on the board. It worked like a charm! I'm sure someone else has already done this and posted about it, but it never hurts to give fellow decorators a hint they've never heard before.

2 replies
heystopthatnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heystopthatnow Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:22am
post #2 of 3

Yes! If you glue two boards together, it's sturdier!

montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:31am
post #3 of 3

I found a large wooden lazy susan at Costco last year (probably 20" across) and it has made the best turntable!!! It turns very smoothly and it is sturdy and large enough to hold the biggest cakes I do. I think it cost me about $12, you could probably find one cheaper somewhere else but the idea hit me to use it the moment I saw it at Costco. Just another idea.
Kate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%