I Am Sooo Forgetful!

Decorating By mconrey Updated 4 Aug 2006 , 9:57pm by cindww

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 4

Okay - so I am making a cake for my friend's baby shower this Sunday. I am doing that clotheline one from the 2006 Wilton Yearbook. So, anyway, I spent an hour last night making about 100 of those little buttons for the border. Our cleaning lady came this morning, so I put the cookie sheet of all the buttons in the oven to keep them "safe."

Well, stupid me turned on the oven to prehaet for baking the cakes this afternoon. About 5 minutes later I couldn't figure out why I smelled roasted marshmallows. Sure enough - the MMF buttons were smoking in my oven! Aggghhhh! The worst part - I did the SAME EXACT thing last month when I was making 4th of July Cookies. OMG - I can't believe I would do it AGAIN!

So, now I have to re-do all of those tedious buttons and hopefully they'll firm up enough to put them on the cake tomorrow....

3 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 4

Don't feel bad, I'm always forgetting I have stuff in the oven for safe keeping. Normally it's not cake related but I've melted plasitc in there when I've put meat in the oven to defrost (I have cats that would steal it if I didn't).

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 4

All that work gone. icon_cry.gif I'm so sorry. I empathize with you. I have also done similar things in the past icon_confused.gif (hopefully, no more in the future) icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif I hope the new batch dries enough for you. Best of luck.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 4

I so feel your pain..I did this last month with a breast cake I had made for Father's Day..What a major bummer!

Cindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%