''git R Done' Cake Ideas??? (Larry The Cable Guy)'

Decorating By melissablack Updated 11 Jun 2005 , 4:53am by tcturtleshell

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:04am
post #1 of 10

We're having a BBQ on the 25th with a bunch of friends, to celebrate several birthdays. Well, dh and his friend are the 2 guys, and they want a 'Git R Done' cake!! lol. I was all set to try out my new ball pan and make a golf cake, but No!, they had to be difficult! lol.

What would you do if you had this cake request?

Melissa icon_confused.gif

9 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:14am
post #2 of 10

I'm going to PM you with the idea my DH came up with.....he loves Larry the Cable guy!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:23am
post #3 of 10

Melissa~

My son rides bulls... bull riders always say "Git R Done". I would do a BCT of a bull & a cowboy w/ cactus & sand on the cake. That's if it's a western BBQ. If not I would just do a pic of a large guy bending over & his crack is showing.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 3:49am
post #4 of 10

As a fan of Larry, here is my suggestion.... it may not seem kinda gross, but anyone who likes Larry will get the joke...... ready? Are you sure> (Sick mind at work here.....) Larry is always talking about his sister covered with moles, so a flesh colored cake with 'moles' would be appropo. Of course, you have to write Git-R-Done on the cake too........ Too bad he dikdn't ask for a Ron
white cake!!

melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 10

Well, the suggestions are getting grosser and grosser icon_wink.gif , lol. Personally, I think Larry is pretty funny, but there are several people who are coming to the party who think he's crude and disgusting, so I'm kinda worried about offending them, yet I want to make the cake cool, something the birthday boys will love.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to run them by dh and see what he thinks.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 10

WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAKE THE TOP OF THE CAKE PLAID, LIKE LARRY'S SHIRT. THEN YOU CAN WRITE GIT-R-DONE. IF YOU REALLY WANTED, YOU COULD DO A BCT OF LARRY HIMSELF BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO GO OR NOT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PICTURE WHEN YOU GIT R DONE. HAHAHA!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 10

Okay, how about a cake made to look like a plaid shirt that says Git-R-Done? Or a plaid cake with a baseball cap on top of it?

Debbi

melissablack Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 10

Do you need a special pan to make a shirt cake?

Dh and his friend say they want a rebel flag and maybe some camouflouge on the sides... that sounds kinda boring though, not to mention it totally clashes! lol. What do you all think?

Melissa icon_razz.gif

HollyDayCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyDayCakes Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 10

I love the idea of a plad shirt cake! That sounds fun!

Who ever said that the camo has to clash with a rebel flag? Camo comes in may fasionable colors now. icon_cool.gif

Happy Baking! thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:53am
post #10 of 10

I think the rebel flag & camo would be good. You can make a square cake & freeze it then cut it into a shirt cake. Or you can go buy the shirt pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%