Wilton School Outside Chicago

Decorating By krstik Updated 4 Aug 2006 , 8:36pm by Ginger08

krstik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krstik Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!

Has anyone ever take any of the classes at the Wilton School outside Chicago? I like to think I have decent abilities for being self-taught, but I would love to learn actual "professional" techniques to make myself unique in my area. I'm in the process of starting my own business and am looking for that edge that makes me stand out from the old faithful's in the area!

If you have taken classes at the Wilton School (not thru Michael's), are they worth the money? Are there amateurs in the classes or more master bakers?

I would be taking some of the 1-day classes since I have another full-time job...

Thank you!

4 replies
alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 5

In my dreams........ Maybe one summer I'll do it! I've heard the Wilton "real" classes are excellent

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry, I have not taken the classes but I have been at the store when the classes were starting and I was talking to some of the people and they are basically all begginners.

Some people that take the classes may just also want a refresher.
It just depends on the class that you take.

I am also going to take some of the 1 day classes.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 5

I had the privilege of attending the master course. I would definitely say it was worth it! There are people from beginners to professionals that just want that certificate under their belt. People from all over the world...in the class I was in...from Illinois to Japan...Turkey...South Africa(now in South America...they say love is the universal language...in this case..it was the love of cake decorating!

Ginger08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginger08 Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

I took classes there also in 1997 and it is like a "beginning of the finishing touches" if you know what I mean. I love having the certificates for Masters Class and Gumpaste and I would do it again in a heartbeat! By making the decision to go there (from Seattle) it also let me know that we ( my Mom and Business Partner) were very serious about Cake making, and it became our sole source of income.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%