Need Help-Best Recipe For Cuddly Bear Pan?

Baking By Bethroze Updated 4 Aug 2006 , 1:38am by thesocialfrog

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have a feeling that my yellow cake recipe is just to tender for this pan. I have a pound cake recipe, but wondered if there was a less expensive, or easier cake recipe that is dense enough, but not dry. Thanks...

5 replies
diana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 6

I use the "Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes" from here CC, it tastes very good and holds very well. I have done the 3D Bear several times and no problem with this recipe.

thumbs_up.gif ~Diana~ princess.gif

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

I just read on the instructions to use a cake mix and pound cake mix together. Has anyone tried this?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 1:12am
post #4 of 6

I've never tried mixing a regular mix and pound cake mix, normally I use BC chocolate fudge or yellow cake mix and it turns out fine.

AuntieTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieTina Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 1:30am
post #5 of 6

I always use a regular cake mix for my bears but I do add a package of dream whip, a small package of pudding and an extra egg to mine.

thesocialfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thesocialfrog Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 1:38am
post #6 of 6

I am baking 3 cakes to make a Toad Stool using the "Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes". I will let you know how it comes out. It is really easy to make. So I am hoping it is good. It sounds like it will taste great. I did take a little taste of the batter and it tastes great.
RoseAnn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%