Harry Potter Or Spongebob Or Naruto

Decorating By Sandra80 Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 4:11pm by fooby

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:03am
post #1 of 11

i am doing a cake for my friend's birthday on 7/4 and she like these themes best and i am trying to figure out what to make for her by looking at pictures that may inspire me. i think i am leaning towards harry potter because she is really excited by the book and movie coming out so soon and i am probably least interested in naruto for the lazy reason of i know absolutely nothing about the show and what i can possibly make into a cake that would work with the theme of the show.
i was looking for ideas but since the search thingy still isn't working, could anyone who has a link to any HP, SB or naruto cakes please share with me.
thanks!!!!

10 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:11am
post #2 of 11

Harry Potter would be perfect for a July birthday this year since it's such a big month for fans.
You could do Hogwarts, owls, quidditch, books, the Hogwart's Express or any number of other things.

Here are a couple I've done:

My oldest's birthday cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=73964

This was just for fun:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=51453

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:36am
post #3 of 11

Sandra, I just saw another thread where people were having problems using search also. I'm not sure how you are doing it, but up top of the page here...click on the grey galleries tab. Once in galleries, click on search (in the lavender bar). That should get you to a bar that you can type in Harry Potter, Spongebob or whatever.
I am a huge Harry Potter fan with a birthday in July. With the last book due out in July you should definitely do a Harry theme. Your friend would be so tickled!!! I know that's what I'm making for myself!!

Sandra80 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:02pm
post #4 of 11

yeah that's what i am doing but when you click on view more photos it takes you back to the main page for the gallery and i tried going through the gallery page by page but that takes forever. i found a couple that way but i am still looking.

Sandra80 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 11

yeah that's what i am doing but when you click on view more photos it takes you back to the main page for the gallery and i tried going through the gallery page by page but that takes forever. i found a couple that way but i am still looking.

julesn20716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesn20716 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 11
heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 11

If you are using the search bar over on the right hand side of the home page (with the magnifying glass) it will do that to you. When you do it the way I mentioned, you should come up with more results. For example, I just did a search for Harry Potter and I came up with 2 pages of a total of 71 Harry Potter photos. Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly, but I'm not sure how else to explain. Hopefully someone else can clear it up for you. Good luck with your cake! I'm sure your friend will love what you choose!!

Sandra80 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 11

thanks to those who have posted, keep them coming. as for the search thing, you are explaining exactly what i am doing. after it does the search and i hit view more photos it takes me back to the main page of the galleries still.

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 11

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=206303 i made this naruto cake for my son its a fbct picture that i printed for the web

fastcarsfreedom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fastcarsfreedom Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 3:54pm
post #10 of 11

my son loves Sasuke so I made his shurikan...he liked it.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:11pm
post #11 of 11

Hi Sandra,

I know you're more inclined to a HP cake but I don't think it would hurt to recommend a SB cake. I made one recently and it's kinda different because he's round instead of square. It's in my gallery. I got the inspiration from a SB cookie jar that I saw. Goodluck with your cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%