Americolor Amerimist Airbrush

Decorating By ColorBoy Updated 7 Feb 2014 , 9:36pm by NavyMomOf1

ColorBoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColorBoy Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 20

CakeCentral. com now offers AmeriMist airbrush color, These are professional airbrush colors now available to you directly from your "Central" one stop place to shop for everything CAKE and more

I wanted to post a new forum about these colors so you could ask me questions regarding these amazing colors...They are the strongest formulated food color airbrush in the world. AmeriMist comes in 41 colors that exactly match the 41 gel colors. Professional cake decorators use these colors and now you can too and at Cake Central you will get the best price available anywhere thumbs_up.gif

Soon CakeCentral.com will be offering our AmeriColor Airbrush. This is a state of the art "Matrix" airbrush that is guaranteed for life. One system and you will never need another. With AmeriMist your creativity can go wild and you will be able to create like you never imagined you could.

So look for these products and if you have any questions, we are here to help icon_biggrin.gif

19 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 20

Hmmmmm. Anymore info on that airbrush? Would love to know about that. I have some of the AmeriMust colors already--LOVE them!

ColorBoy Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 20

The AmeriColor airbrush is a "Matrix" Meaning that the top cup swivles down and you can plug in special jars that hold our color for continous spraying... The pump is manufactured by Badger and is the highest quality.

I have checked the market on other systems,and you can find cheaper systems out there, but you get what you pay for. As the saying goes:"Buyer beware"

We offer the highest quality product available, for use with the best and strongest color. It will last you your lifetime and if it dosen't we will repair or replace it for free icon_smile.gif

missyek Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 20

IS there a link to what it may look like and more detailed specs? I looked on the americolor site and couldn't find anything. Is the airbrush compatible with other compressors? I have an airmaster right now, but am looking for a good airbrush.

ColorBoy Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 20

Cake central will post information when it is available on their site.

missyek Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:30am
post #6 of 20

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 5:48am
post #7 of 20

I tried this new airbrush at ICES and love it. dont have it, but would like to get it. it works with just the slightest of airpressure and you can get the finest of lines. but it is also strong enough to run 2 airbrushes and you could even paint tshirts if you wanted. i cant wait to hear more when you get it in stock.

ClairrissaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClairrissaJ Posted 14 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 20

Hi

I just bought a set of Amerimist sheen colors to use on chocolate. However I have tried spraying it and the color just sits on top of the chocolate in beads. Any tips?

Thank you

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 May 2011 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 20

You have to use cocoa butter spray..the kind you get at specialty chocolate stores.I think Chef Rubber.com sells them...

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 20

My Amerimist colors are so concentrated when I spray they are so much darker than the color on the label, is there anything I can mix into it that can help me lighten them up? My fuschia color is more a dark plum and my soft pink when sprayed comes out more fuschia. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all so much.

Art Gateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Art Gateau Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 11:18am
post #11 of 20

AI use a rubbing alcohol to dilute the colours as I find water tends to take too long to dry and can compromise the quality of your fondant.. :D

Original message sent by DancingCakes2008

My Amerimist colors are so concentrated when I spray they are so much darker than the color on the label, is there anything I can mix into it that can help me lighten them up? My fuschia color is more a dark plum and my soft pink when sprayed comes out more fuschia. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all so much.

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Gateau 

I use a rubbing alcohol to dilute the colours as I find water tends to take too long to dry and can compromise the quality of your fondant.. icon_biggrin.gif

I hope you don't put rubbing alcohol on anything that someone is going to eat. It is a poison and can be lethal. Vodka works and at least it is meant to be consumed.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 3:57pm
post #13 of 20

RUBBING ALCOHOL???? icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif Good Lord, NO! Never use rubbing alcohol to dilute your colors. As Carrie789 said, use vodka. The alcohol will evaporate so no taste will be added to it.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:03pm
post #14 of 20

icon_surprised.gif

NetworkZombie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NetworkZombie Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 11:10am
post #15 of 20

How long does these colours take to dry? Do they stencil well?

NavyMomOf1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NavyMomOf1 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 2:07pm
post #16 of 20

I am looking at using the Americolor Metallic or Pearl Sheen. I am attempting to do the US Navy Officer Crest and need gold and silver.  Does anyone have any tips? Would I be okay to use these diluted and paint them on?  Also, I know some of the luster dust is not edible (especialIy getting into gold and silver colors), is there anything on the Amerimist? I do not have an airbrush yet but want to keep true to the insignia. Any tips or suggestions would greatly be appreciated as I have only been decorating for a year!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 8:15pm
post #17 of 20

AI use the colors through an airbrush and love them. But yes you could use them with a paintbrush I've seen it done several times

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 9:16pm
post #18 of 20

what type of icing are you using on the cakes in your photos?

You don't need to go out and spend money on an airbrush just to get the gold & silver.

Do you have a photo of the logo you are going to do.  (The smaller the easier also)  Let people see your idea so they can offer tips.

NavyMomOf1 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 9:34pm
post #19 of 20

Here is the image I am trying to do: .  This is for my husbands promotion (he's an officer in the Navy).

NavyMomOf1 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 9:36pm
post #20 of 20

Sorry I tried to just copy and past the image which didn't work....here's a link: http://vector-images.com/image.php?epsid=12154

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%