How To Make Cattleya Orchids

Decorating By cynbad Updated 17 Jun 2013 , 7:36pm by CHICA6DEE

cynbad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cynbad Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 11

I am looking for directions on how to make cattleya gumpaste orchids. I have Cynthia Venns book which has directions for two orchids but not Cattleya, and the Wilton gum paste book but it just says orchid. I have posted this under general questions also. Thank you for your help.

10 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 11

Are you thinking of calla lilies? If so I know a member here, goal4me, has offered to teach me how to make them but I keep forgetting to pm her back. YOu might try sending her a pm and see what she has to say!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynbad

I am looking for directions on how to make cattleya gumpaste orchids. I have Cynthia Venns book which has directions for two orchids but not Cattleya, and the Wilton gum paste book but it just says orchid. I have posted this under general questions also. Thank you for your help.

Cynbad
Do you have the cattleya orchid cutter? If you do, then i can give you some instructions.

Dodibug
I have just attached a picture of a cattleya orchid.

Nati
LL

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 11

oooohhh,that's really pretty! Thanks Nati! Learn something new everyday!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 5:44am
post #5 of 11

i have the instructions i got with my cutters but i dont have a scanner.....sorry..... wish i could help...maybe i can try to take a picture of the instructions and get them onto the computer. i will attempt that for you tomorrow.

cynbad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cynbad Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 11

I do not specifically have the Cattelya orchid cutter but your flower is exactly what I want to create. Where did you get your cutter and did it come with instuctions?

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynbad

I do not specifically have the Cattelya orchid cutter but your flower is exactly what I want to create. Where did you get your cutter and did it come with instuctions?

Cynbad
My cutters did not come with any instructions, i learnt to make them in class. I bought my cutters in a cake decorating store in Melbourne Australia, but im sure you'd be able to find them online. This is what the cutters look like
I will put together some instructions and post them here.
cheers
Nati
LL

horsecrazy247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
horsecrazy247 Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 5:51am
post #8 of 11

i want to make to i have the cutter but not sure how to make the middle part is what i need help with

prats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prats Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 11

Hi Nati,

I got the exact cutters but sadly they did not come with any instructions. Any help, tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 11

I did some a few weeks ago for my niece's wedding. I just found the i nstuctions on Utube. Type in Gumpaste orchids and all types of videos pop up. I used the cutter in the Wilton set. I used the orange cutters and i was very happy with them. I did them all on wires.

Try it

Adamsgama

CHICA6DEE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHICA6DEE Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 7:36pm
post #11 of 11

i just got these cutters but didn't come with instructions, could you please help?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%