Anybody Want A Baby Girl In The Fall?

Lounge By lardbutt Updated 8 Jul 2007 , 11:58pm by LittleLinda

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 58

I just found out my 5th baby is a GIRL. icon_cry.gif I already have 3 girls! I'm tired of the DRAMA!!! I have one boy, and he is so sweeet! I wanted another just like him!!!

I really thought I had made that crystal clear to God, I guess He had different plans! HE!HE!

Here's my problem, I only wanted a boy, so I have no idea what to name another girl!

All of my children have Bible names(first & second). I feel like I shoould continue the tradition.

Rachel Hannah-11
Rebekah Grace-10
Philip Micaiah-7
Lydia Elizabeth-4

What good Bible names are left? I kinda like the name Ruth, but what could go with that? BTW, my DH hates the name Ruth. Good thing I don't care what he thinks! icon_wink.gif

This is definitly it, I'm making plans to tie the tubes now!!!

Thanks, Sherri

57 replies
JoMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoMarie Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 58

How truly blessed you are. I would give almost anything to have a baby - girl or boy it truly wouldn't matter.

I have always loved the name Sarah or Sara.

I wish you much happiness and joy!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 58

Mary Ruth
Sara(h) Ruth
Naomi Ruth
Martha Ruth
Abigail Ruth
Miriam Ruth
Esther Ruth
Deborah Ruth

Ruth Eunice

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 58

You are very lucky I would also really love a baby, boy or girl - but can see that you would think a boy is due to you! You must just make a really good womb-home for girls!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 58

I'll take her, I get sick of fart jokes and GI Joes. icon_rolleyes.gif I have boys that will blow up a whoopie cushion and sit on it just so they can hear the noise, as my 4 year old put it once he was going to "fart all day" after he got a new one.

In our area people crave daughters, there are more boys than girls born on the reservation my husband is from, so much that out of 18 kids in my son's classroom only 3 or 4 were girls.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 58

I like the name Sarah.....and this is precisely the reason I DO NOT find out what I am having!!!! Cause how can you be sad when you are holding the baby after he or she is born????

Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 58

Here is a link to a site that has an alphabetical list of Biblical girls names. I like Calah personally.

http://www.babynology.com/biblical_baby-names-girl_A_0_meaning.html

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 58

Lucky you! I have six boys and one girl. I didn't get my girl until number six and I thought my last one who is two months old was going to be a girl. Surprise! He was another boy. I to am sick of the fart jokes and the ability to make anything clean dirty in 60 seconds. Did I mention the bathroom. Good luck!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:38am
post #9 of 58

I have one girl and one boy and most days I would take the fart jokes over the whining and drama in a second!!

Sherri, I also love the name Sarah. Congrats on your new little drama queen!! thumbs_up.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:39am
post #10 of 58

Congratulations!!!! How about the name Adah Ruth ( a-da)

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:18am
post #11 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMarie

How truly blessed you are. I would give almost anything to have a baby - girl or boy it truly wouldn't matter.

I have always loved the name Sarah or Sara.

I wish you much happiness and joy!!

Yep, for me it would have to be Sarah.

lardbutt Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:24am
post #12 of 58

OOOOh! Lots of neat choices!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I hope everyone knows, even though I did want a boy, a girl will be just fine. There's no way on earth I will be disappointed with her.

BTW,One of my husbands favorites has always been Sarah!

Thanks Everyone, Sherri

londonandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonandi Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 2:37am
post #13 of 58

One of my friends name is Kathea and it is apparantly biblical. To be honnest I dont' know which book its from, but its pretty!

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:23am
post #14 of 58

I like the name Ruth too! I wanted to name my daughter Ruth and I'd call her Ruthie but my husband hated it so her name is Allie. icon_lol.gif

I like Sarah too, Sarah Ruth sould good.

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:32am
post #15 of 58

Congrats on #5!! I love the names Leah and Tabitha.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:00am
post #16 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I'll take her, I get sick of fart jokes and GI Joes. icon_rolleyes.gif I have boys that will blow up a whoopie cushion and sit on it just so they can hear the noise, as my 4 year old put it once he was going to "fart all day" after he got a new one.

Well I hate to tell you but girls do it too. Or at least mine do anyways. I have 3 girls and they played with a whoopee cushion for hours. I was ready to throw the darn thing in the trash.

Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:02am
post #17 of 58

I have a house full of boys and thought the last was going to be a girl....fortunately enough for me.....I have just recently been blessed with baby Noah.

If it had been a girl I was going to name her Sarah Elisabeth.

Congratulations

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:12pm
post #18 of 58

Congratulations on your baby on the way. I have one, a girl. Never gave me any problem until this year. She is leaving for the Navy in a month and three days. Then it is just hubby and myself.

lardbutt Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:45pm
post #19 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness_221

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Well I hate to tell you but girls do it too. Or at least mine do anyways. I have 3 girls and they played with a whoopee cushion for hours. I was ready to throw the darn thing in the trash.

Yeah, I have to agree! My girls aren't really girly girls. A woopie cushion is fun, but they would rather see who could do the real thing and run everbody out of the room! icon_cry.gif

I'm really liking Sarah Ruth! Isn't Anna in the bible? I've been too lazy to look. I think Ruth Anna is pretty too.

Hey I just thought of this, I can call her Baby Ruth! I love candy!

Sherri

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 4:53pm
post #20 of 58

I like Sarah, and Anna.

My god-daughter's name is Heaven Leigh.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:20pm
post #21 of 58

If i had, had a girl I had wanted to name her
Emma Katherine.

Instead I have an Aaron and Nathan. With lots of fart jokes and wrestling on a daily basis.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:32pm
post #22 of 58

Ooh, how about Ruth Anna or Anna Ruth? Now I want to rename my little girl!! icon_lol.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 6:59pm
post #23 of 58

I like Sarah Marie. (Marie being a take on Mary).

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 7:37pm
post #24 of 58

First thing I though of was Hannah then I saw you wanted something to go with Ruth and I said, well, there ya go! Hannah Ruth icon_smile.gif

Congrats btw! I can't wait to finally have kids (I'm 29 and my clock is ticking already!)

lardbutt Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 8:48pm
post #25 of 58

yeah I like Hannah too, that's why I 've already used that one. Rachel Hannah is my 11 year old. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 9:44pm
post #26 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

yeah I like Hannah too, that's why I 've already used that one. Rachel Hannah is my 11 year old. icon_smile.gif

Oops! icon_redface.gif I guess I didn't read carefully enough before! I'm gonna use the fact that I had a killer headache as an excuse. icon_lol.gif

Lemme give this another try...

Bethany (Hebrew) - Matt. 21:17
Candace (Ethiopian) - Acts 8:27
Deborah (Hebrew) - Judges 4:4
Delilah (Hebrew) - Judges 16:4
Dinah (Hebrew) - Gen. 30:21
Esther (Hebrew) - Esther 2:7
Joanna (Hebrew) - Luke 8:3
Leah (Hebrew) - Gen. 29:16
Mara/Marah (Hebrew) - Exodus 15:23
Mary (Hebrew) - Matt. 1:16
Miriam (Hebrew) - Exodus 15:20
Myra (Greek) - Acts 27:5 Naomi (Hebrew) - Ruth 1:2
Sarah/Sara/Sarai (Hebrew) - Gen. 17:15
Serah (Hebrew) - Gen. 46:17
Susanna/Susannah (Hebrew) - Luke 8:3
Tabitha (Aramaic)- Acts 9:36
Tamara (Hebrew) - Gen. 38:6
Victoria (Latin) - Deut. 20:4

Out of that list, Deborah, Mary, and Sarah are my favs. I like Esther Ruth, too, but that does soud like someone's elderly maiden aunt, doesn't it? icon_wink.gif

HTH icon_smile.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 10:48pm
post #27 of 58

We call my daughter Ada (full name Aiden after my great aunt, named from the Bible).

I've always likes Naomi and Eden and Grace.

tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 11:12pm
post #28 of 58

Well my name is Ruth Anne and I go by Ruthie...I really don't like my name but as I get older I do. Legally I go by Ruth other than that I go by Ruthie.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 4:35am
post #29 of 58

How about Leah Abigail? Both are Bible names.

angeldream1179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angeldream1179 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:17pm
post #30 of 58

My name is Naomi Ruth and my moms name is Ruth Amelia. Good luck with your pregnancy. I hope all goes well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%