Recipes From Confetti Cakes Cookbook

Decorating By flavacakes Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 4:32am by julzs71

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:25am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried any of the recipes from there? If so, what did you think of them? TIA

7 replies
beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:21am
post #2 of 8

the only recipe i tried from her book is the red velvet cake. i LOVED IT! it was an awesome cake. haven't tried the others though.

flavacakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:48am
post #3 of 8

I've never even had red velvet cake! icon_redface.gif Are you normally a scratch baker? I usually doctor up boxes but I'm wanting to try scratch recipes, I've just been intimidated. icon_redface.gif Was the red velvet pretty moist? I've heard alot of times scratch cakes can be dry? I'm hoping not because I would love to be a scratch baker! Confetti Cakes recipes look sooooo good, I hope they will turn out for me!

beccakelly Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 3:21am
post #4 of 8

when i started i used mixes, but i've now gone to all scratch baking. the confetti cakes recipe is really pretty easy. and all the recipes i've decided to keep have been moist. i spent a while baking different recipes to see which ones i liked best. if you're going to start with scratch baking, i'd say that red velvet cake is a good one to learn with! and so is toba garrett's chocolate fudge cake. you can't get much easier than that one! its listed on epicurious.com if you want to try it.

flavacakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks becca! Do you use a scale to measure your ingredients?

beccakelly Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 8

i should use a scale, and i will prolly buy one sometime. but for right now i just have the old measureing cups. they've been good enough. i would really like to have a scale mostly for measuring shortening. i hate getting it out of a cup!

Gretta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gretta Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:45pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakelly

i should use a scale, and i will prolly buy one sometime. but for right now i just have the old measureing cups. they've been good enough. i would really like to have a scale mostly for measuring shortening. i hate getting it out of a cup!

Pampered chef has a fantastic, plunger type measuring cup that is perfect for measuring shortening, peanut butter, etc. I was guilted into buying it years ago (niece was selling the product) and now I am glad I did. thumbs_up.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:32am
post #8 of 8

i just got this from the library. It did have an inserted paper. I guess there was a typo and the sugar cookie should have said 2 1/2 not 4 1/2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%