Story...

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 7 Jun 2005 , 4:20am by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 6:04am
post #1 of 25

Ok... This has nothing to do w/ cakes or decorating... I just had to tell this story to all my CC friends! It's a little long but ya'll will all get a chuckle out of this..

My 18 yr old son is about to drive me crazy!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif He is a huge animal lover, snake handler (yes poison ones too), fisherman, animal trainer, etc. He is not a hunter, he won't hurt animals. He & my 15 yr old daughter go fishing just about every day. After they got back home from fishing on Friday my son asked me where the heating pads were... of course I knew he was up to something... icon_twisted.gif

I got the pads for him then & I asked him what he needed them for... He wouldn't tell me. After I did a lot of yelling at him he finally told me what he needed them for....

He brought home 5 turtle eggs!! He was going to put the heating pads on them to hatch them. He was putting them in his room. I told him to get them out of my house! Well I thought he had taken them out to the shed but found out today he didn't. thumbsdown.gif

When my DH got home I told him to make him take them things outside. Well DH said he was doing just that. Then he told me he had a talk w/ our son last night about them...

Turns out he was bragging to the neighbor next door about having brought some eggs home from the lake... Well the mom next door told my DH that our son told her that they were NOT turtle eggs BUT they were CORAL SNAKE EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just told me that they were turtle eggs because I like turtles!! icon_mad.gif I was soooooo mad!!!!

I was out of town last night (Sat) so I had no idea about this till today. My DH took a look at the eggs while our son was at work last night. (He works at a pet store!!! Surprised?) Then DH got on the internet & asked Jeeves what coral snake eggs look like... well THEY ARE DEFINETLY CORAL SNAKE EGSS!!!!!!!

AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was ready to through the boy out when I found out about all this!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

He has no fear of animals!! Never has, never will. icon_cry.gif He caught an alligator in our yard last summer. Scared me half to death!! (I'll add that pic in this post) He has rocks for a brain!!!! dunce.gif Baby snakes are more poisonius then the grown ones! I'm not scared of snakes but I sure wouldn't want one (in our case 5) slithering around my house!! I don't know what that boy is thinking of these days! HE'S NOT!!!

When I wake up in the morning & those things are still in his room.... there will be WW3 in this house!!!!

HAS ANY OF YOU'RE KIDS DONE THINGS LIKE THIS????????
The End~
Mom of a alligator/snake hunter icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
LL

24 replies
tcturtleshell Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 6:06am
post #2 of 25

The writting didn't show up...
Son is on left (tall one), DH on right (short one) & Free Willy the gator~

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 6:23am
post #3 of 25

No, TC, my kids are all still living...which they probably would NOT be if they had brought snakes in any shape, form or fashion into my house! I AM afraid of them, poisonous or not, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep at all just knowing those eggs were in the house with me!

Maybe he should take the eggs to work, you know, at the pet store, they might take them, except I don't know about the poisonous ones...you do have to ask "What was he thinking?"

Good luck! I've got goosebumps just thinking about those little slithery things! Janice

PS Did he try to keep the Gator?

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 6:31am
post #4 of 25

My 12 yr old daughter(yes this can affect girls too so be aware, you're not immune) brings home odd things too. She found a baby crow that fell out of the nest, raised it(all on her own i wasnt touching it) and taught it to hunt its own food. Trained it real well, then the dog killed it.
She LOVES anything slimy or scaly. She wants to be a vet, so its all good training.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 6:47am
post #5 of 25

I had to laugh, nernan, because if any of my three would bring things home it was my girl too! Come to think of it, she did bring home a bird of some kind once or twice, but usually it was just dogs or cats!

Janice

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 8:12am
post #6 of 25

TC~ NO WAY would those eggs have been allowed to be in my house, let alone close to it!!!!!! How on earth have you managed this long without doing bodily harm to your son?? I'm terrified of snakes of any kind, I know most do good around your property but I don't like them. I'm with Janice!

And that gator, at least your son has the respect for animals to do good and will probably continue to do so in the future...if he lives long enough!

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 10:34am
post #7 of 25

OMG, I get the heebie jeebies with snakes!! Those definately wouldn' be allowed in my house. Come to think of it anything other than a dog, cat, bird, and maybe a hamster would be allowed under this roof. icon_lol.gif

I have a son fascinated with animals (he's only 3) so I can only imagine what I'm in for...... icon_surprised.gif

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 11:41am
post #8 of 25

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh so hard! I can just picture it.

I hope he comes to his senses soon, for all your sakes.

Seester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Seester Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 12:26pm
post #9 of 25

Darn I was in Denim Springs Memorial weekend. Never saw a gator. I could have just come to your house icon_wink.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 12:32pm
post #10 of 25

Well I've never had snake eggs in my house, but I did come home from work to a chicken snake in my house, a chicken hawk in a cage in my house and a tarantula (spelling) in a big jar in my house .. I almost made another door getting outside ... my stepson thought the tarantula was cool as it was crossing the road in front of him on his way home... so he stopped, took off his hat, put it over the thing and picked it up ... he put that in the jar and hear a noise outside so off he goes on his next adventure... there was a chicken hawk afer his chickens so he goes and gets the shotgun, runs back outside but the chicken hawk is not there... he notices something on the ground and goes to it to see what it is .. it appeared the chicken hawk somehow shocked itself on the power line coming into our home (we still haven't worked out how) .. so while unconcious, not dead, he put it in a cage... then he hears another commotion.. there was a chicken snake in the hen house .. so off he goes again ... instead of killing the thing, he catches it! he puts that huge thing in a big wooden box w/a lid and has that in my house too ... the main thing I remember the most about that day is RUNNING out of my house icon_biggrin.gif and then having a shouting match with him about his sanity lol.. kids do the darnest things! we still laugh about this day when reflecting back on things that kids get into lol

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 1:25pm
post #11 of 25

Oh TC I don't know how you are handling this....I would have freaked out already. My boys, or girls for that matter, have never even thought about bringing a snake in my house......they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would hurt them! icon_lol.gif Thye have done alot of other braindead stuff though......kids really are an adventure!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 1:52pm
post #12 of 25

Well, I finally got to see a picture of Willy, haha! I cannot imagine what it would be like to have alligators visiting, haha! Now snakes, hhmn, don't think I want any kind of those, even in the egg stage, inside, haha! Never could get used to them or to spiders.
I could see why you might be just a bit upset with your son, haha!
But you know, it does sound like he is fascinated and has a great respect for all living things. I would imagine he would do very well in any field where he would be dealing with critters of some form. He does sound like a very interesting person, I suspect I would like him very much. I have a thing for critters too, though I must say, more of the harmless variety.
I have enjoyed reading all of the comments, it would seem you are not alone, haha! Sounds like we have a future crop of veternarians! It is a good sign, though, to raise children that have respect for all creatures, so all of you must have done something right!
Louisiana sounds like an absolutely fascinating place to live and the people are always so darn nice.
Thanks for sharing your story, you will have to keep us posted, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 2:24pm
post #13 of 25

Snake eggs!!! He knows his Mom! Telling you they were turtle eggs--LOL! The pic with the gator...Wow! Brave bunch you got there TC. I bet there's never a dull moment at your house!

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 2:44pm
post #14 of 25

This did make me chuckle a little bit....I have two boys 9 and 3. They have brought all kinds of stuff in the house I will never forget one day when I was doing laundry and found a slug in my sons pocket. I don't check pockets anymore if the creatures are in there they are getting a bath. I think I would of killed him if he brought snakes in. We live in Florida and I have pretty much made them petrified of snakes and gators. Oh no as they get bigger I have to be worried I guess about bigger things..LOL
Good luck with the eggs I would get them out asap....

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 2:57pm
post #15 of 25

It's a great place to live Squirrellycakes icon_smile.gif We have such nice, friendly people here and some of the BEST food in the world .. hot, spicy and soooooo good ...

I have to laugh at TC's son telling her it was turtle eggs.. he knew he'd get away with that one lol icon_wink.gif

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 3:08pm
post #16 of 25

My boys have brought lizards in the house. But thats it. Thank goodness. I guess we will wait and see as they get older what they try to bring in.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 3:58pm
post #17 of 25

Sounds to me like its time for mother's secret helper---GUILT! I am a vet. tech. and when I was younger I was out to save the world! Yes, every living creature! That is until my mother explained to me that Mother Nature is the best parent and that by my interference I had produced the opposite result from what I thought I was creating. I had actually decreased the chance of the animal (bug,snake,spider) survial. How could I be a better "parent" than its own. He sounds like he has such a big heart that that just might get to him and save you from future animal rearing.LOL thumbs_up.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 4:23pm
post #18 of 25

icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif He's a sneaky one, hoo boy! icon_lol.gif I don't know whether to laugh, or get the heebie jeebies!

Between your heat seeking dog, and your Doctor Doolittle son bringing in poisonous animals, I'm surprised you're alive! You should have your own sitcom. You could call it "The Sweet Life" since you're a cake decorator... icon_lol.gif I get a "finder's fee", though, right? icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 9:06pm
post #19 of 25

Ya'll are soooo funny!!!! I have really enjoyed reading all the posts on this subject!! Laughing w/ you!!!!!!!!!!

Newtodecorating... I hope my son will go off on tour like the Crocodile Hunter & keep all the creatures away from the house!

A few wks ago he saved a small rabbit from a lawnmower. We had it in the house for 2 wks feeding it milk w/ an eye dropper. He finally built a cage & put it outside. Last Mon. he let it go. Well the rabbit won't leave the yard! As long as it's not in the house that's fine.

The gator decided to wonder into our yard last July. Our neighbor was trying to kill it. I got into a argument w/ the neighbor over it! I hate anyone harming animals. We moved here but the animals especially gators were here first. The Animal people wouldn't come out so my son & DH caught it & let it go in the bayou right across the road from our house. I HOPE IT WILL NEVER WONDER UP IN THE YARD AGAIN!!

I'm not afraid of snakes at all. I have a respect for them! I will kill them if I see them though. A good snake is a dead snake!

Now birds (large ones), chickens, & roosters are another story!!! I am terrified of them!!!! Don't know why either. I like ducks though. 5 ducks come up in the yard every day at 8am then again at 6pm. Because I feed them bird & rabbit food!! I love watching them.

Yes, it's a wonder that I'm still living!!!! I have lost count of how many animals my son has brought home.

He did get the eggs out of my house!!!!!! It was either them or him!!!!!! Or him & them would be good too!! LOL!!

I promise there will not be any animals in my house when I have the DOS!! LOL The Gator Boy will be gone too I HOPE!!!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 9:42pm
post #20 of 25

Oh Tc..... life is never dull is it??? My Hubby brought home a HUGE turtle he saved from the road yesterday. After the boys saw it I made him take it to the woods. We have all kinds of animals showing up all the time. I know where you're coming from with the gators. Here in FL they are everywhere. That's why I like to swim in a pool! LOL

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 9:49pm
post #21 of 25

I guess I can count my blessings about my son being a bit squeamish aboaut animals, but my daughters, on the other hand....... my gosh, neither have met an animal that they didn' think needed them to care for it!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 9:57pm
post #22 of 25

So, TC... about my finder's fee...

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 10:33pm
post #23 of 25

OMG.....gators & snakes!!!!!!!! & I thought I had it bad with wolves, bears & foxes in my yard....I would just freak if I had gators!!!!!!!!!lol Although we did have a family of garter snakes living in our basement.....cute little critters...Thank God my son is into airplanes & cars & not creepy crawly things...............Good luck TC

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 12:47am
post #24 of 25

Turtlelady said "I promise there will not be any animals in my house when I have the DOS!! LOL The Gator Boy will be gone too I HOPE!!!"
Hhmn, brings a whole new meaning to Gatorade, doesn't it? You ladies attending that DOS may want to pack some, haha!
Oh yeah, and just out of curiousity, Turtlelady, what kind of eggs do you use in your cakes, haha?
Hugs Squirrelly

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 4:20am
post #25 of 25

You crazy friends!!! Ya'll never fail to make me laugh!!

Calejo... I'll be thinking of you if I ever make the big time!!!! I got your back!! LOL!!!

That boy came in the kitchen tonight while I was making a cake & asked for the kitchen shears. I knew he was up to something else... I wouldn't give him the shears til he told me what he needed w/ them. He needed them to cut a coke bottle up to catch a critter!!!! I told him NO WAY!! I'm just gonna start checking his room daily & if I find something I'm getting rid of it!!!

Ya'll have a good night! Don't let the bed bugs bite!! LOL!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%