Subsitute Creamcheese

Baking By 2cakes Updated 8 Jun 2005 , 2:49am by veejaytx

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 5 Jun 2005 , 4:52am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone! My recipe calls for one 8 oz creamcheese, but I only have 4 oz, does anyone know what I can use to make the other 4 oz since I'm sort of in a rush and can not get out. Lets see what I have: Well I have sour cream and plain yogurt; the recipe also requires milk, 2-4 tablespoons, 1 stick of butter and cocoa. I'm making chocolate frosting for a chocolate cake today. Your help is greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 11:58am
post #2 of 5

this is probably too late, but i would use butter. Yogurt and sourcream are going to change the consistancy of the icing, and you will have to compensate with the milk.

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Peg818! Thank you for the reply, I had someone take me to the market yesteday and got creamcheese, which was on sale for $10.00 for ten, the store brand though, but still good. But I'll keep your tip in mind for the just in case and added to my subsitutional section of my book. Creamcheesewith the chocolate frosting is so good and different taste compare to some of the other chocolate recipes that I have made. I'm going to try using creamcheese with some of my other recipes and see the texture and taste and will share the information once I have experiment and taste them before posting. Have a nice day and thanks again. icon_smile.gif

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 7 Jun 2005 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 5

I make alot of cheesecakes and in a pinch if I run low I substiute ricotta or cottage cheese for the cream cheese....just blend the ricotta or cottage chesse until smooth and substitute equal amounts for the cream cheese. I know you don't need it this time but you can make note of it in case you find yourself in a pinch next time. icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 8 Jun 2005 , 2:49am
post #5 of 5

Cindy, that is a great suggestion! I read this post and didn't have the first idea what kind of substitution to make! Definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%