3D Cake Wont Bake Right

Decorating By SweetThistleCakes Updated 28 Jul 2006 , 12:50am by cowdex

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 3D ducky cake I need to deliver tomorrow morning and the darn thing is raw in the middle?!?!?!?! It wont "rise" all the way to the outer side of the pan and I cant imagine what I could have done wrong! The oven is calibrated right and I can think of what to do now. PLease help this little guy out!

3 replies
oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know what you can do for him now, especially if the outer edges are done. You could try lowering your temperature to barely 325, stick in some flower nails from every which way you can and then pray.

If you have to start from scratch, make sure you have plenty of baking cores in (even if they're only made from tin foil) and bake at 325. Maybe you already did that and you're still having problems...if that's the case, then I just don't know!

Good luck, let us know what happens.

usaribbon.gif Samantha

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:40am
post #3 of 4

How full is the bottom half of the pan? That is normally the problem with it not rising to fill the other half.
How long has it been in the oven? When I do 3d pans they normally take at least 45 mins and the outside always crusts first.
Hope this helps.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:50am
post #4 of 4

3-D's bake forever IMO. I haven't made him, I have the pan though...his friends the bears I've had the same problem - I have to overfill him to make him full - be sure he is on a cookie sheet. Low & slow is all I can same about temp. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%