Launching My Site!

Decorating By CherryBomb Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 7:21pm by yh9080

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 21

I finally have a good enough start on my web site to share it with you all. I've been building it myself so there are still some bugs to work out but I'd love to have some feedback. The url is www.thecherrybombbakery.com

20 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 21

very cute...sort of retro.....pleasant design....congrats!

lisasweeta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisasweeta Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 21

REALLY cute!! I LOVE it! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

tigerlilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerlilly Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 21

congratulations thumbs_up.gif . the one thing I can see is everything is centered accept where you have the list of the types of cakes on the home page. other than that looks good. good luck

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 21

Your cakes sound really good! thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 21

will you be putting any pricing info on there?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 21

Love your font, the colors, the polka dots.....and your cakes!!

CherryBomb Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 10:44pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

No because all of my cakes are completely custom works of art. icon_wink.gif

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 21

well I think it looks great!!!

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 11:05pm
post #10 of 21

That site looks really awesome! Well done!
Hopefully mine will be ready in a few weeks icon_biggrin.gif

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:26am
post #11 of 21

What a great job! I REALLY love it - colors, your menu sounds delicious! and I love your contact page - too cute. Just an awesome job!! Good luck in your soon-to-be thriving business!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 3:49am
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb

Quote:

I think a range would be helpful to your customers. I'm one of those customers that unless I can see at least a range, I wouldn't even contact you. It could be that you are totally reasonable to me, but I'm not a big talker and like to see at least what's available before I pick up the phone and have to talk. icon_twisted.gif

peytonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peytonsmommy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:25pm
post #13 of 21

I love your descriptions of your cake flavors. Gets your attention a lot more than just "vanilla, spice, carrot, lemon etc". I do agree w/ the pp though, while I don't mind dropping money on something I really want, I generally don't even bother inquiring if I don't see any idea of a price range. Maybe if you just said "Our basic cake starts out at $XX.XX but please keep in mind my cakes are custom made for each order so your price may greatly vary."

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:49pm
post #14 of 21

great site! i checked out ur myspace page too and am inviting u to b my friend thumbs_up.gif u should post more of ur great cake pics on ur site!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:58pm
post #15 of 21

Your cakes are perfection! i love your website. The colors and everything. I agree with some of the people here, that a starting price will help you out a lot. That way customers have an idea of what a cake may cost, rather than wasting your time on the phone or getting too far into the order and then they realize this is out of their range. You flavors sound very yummy!! What recipe do you use for your fondant? Or do you use Satin Ice?

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:08pm
post #16 of 21

First of all, I love the design of your website! And I like the way you have your menu items listed and your descriptions are wonderful. You are so creative!

Just an FYI, the close-up of the lady bug needs to be rotated. When I pulled it up, it was sideways.

If you are unlicensed, I can understand why your prices aren't listed. If you are licensed, then I agree with pp to have a "start at" price to give folks an idea. If some of your cakes cost more for ingredients thereby making them premium flavors, I think I would notate that somehow. That way, if the client is on a budget, it would be easier (and more comfortable for them) to choose if they want the a basic flavor/more design or vice versa.

Good luck! You do great work!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb

Quote:

I think a range would be helpful to your customers. I'm one of those customers that unless I can see at least a range, I wouldn't even contact you. It could be that you are totally reasonable to me, but I'm not a big talker and like to see at least what's available before I pick up the phone and have to talk. icon_twisted.gif

That's what I was looking for. Brides tell me the same thing ..... if there is no information on pricing on the website, they are moving on. With no pricing information posted, brides get the impression that you are "really expensive" or they wonder "what you are hiding?" or "what you are ashamed of?" (Direct quotes from my brides).

Many people think they will get their first opportunity to talk price with the bride "...when they call". But the bride is not calling. Your 1st opportunity is when they land on your website. This is the internet age .... brides are browsing the internet looking for information, including pricing. If they wanted to call each vendor, they'd be browsing the yellow pages.

You might consider even a "....our cakes start at $x.xx for basic decorations..." At least let the bride know if you are in the $3.00 a person range or the $15.00 a person range.

CherryBomb Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:24pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom17

What recipe do you use for your fondant? Or do you use Satin Ice?

I use both MMF and Satin Ice. icon_smile.gif

CherryBomb Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:28pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by yh9080

Just an FYI, the close-up of the lady bug needs to be rotated. When I pulled it up, it was sideways.

Thank you. I am aware of it but for some reason can not seem to get it to load right.

Do you think it would be acceptable to just make a blanket statement about the price like "Cakes start at $3 per serving" or do I need to go into more detail?

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 6:50pm
post #20 of 21

Let me start by saying I love the layout of your site and absolutely adore your menu descriptions! I need a slice of cake now. icon_biggrin.gif

Regarding pricing, I think you should add just a bit more to the "prices start at $3/person." Just something simple stating how/why prices vary, i.e. based on design, premium flavors etc. It can be very basic.

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 7:21pm
post #21 of 21

Ps334

Quote:
Quote:

Regarding pricing, I think you should add just a bit more to the "prices start at $3/person." Just something simple stating how/why prices vary, i.e. based on design, premium flavors etc. It can be very basic.

I think this would be good. I know that my problem is that I KNOW what I'm talking about so I forget that non-cake people probably need a little more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%