What A Cake This Turned Out Ot Be....:(

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 12 Jun 2007 , 12:41am by tobycat

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 6

All I can say is I tried to come up with a more original Tinker Bell cake with what was wanted.
The hideous topper is what I mean, it's alright but I just like sculpted figures. So I guess it's more personal taste there. icon_rolleyes.gif
But as hard as I tried this all I could manage.
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_633133.html
Please help me with ideas to improve it if you can!
Thanks for suggestions! icon_biggrin.gif

The details for order were use the topper, pink, green purple iridescent type colors. Double layer 6 and 10.
Could you stripe the cake board on sides with purple and silver? icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif
So I said ya! Now I may regret that. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 6

The only things I would suggest would be to use fewer flowers, because they are a large flower you don't need quite as many. And I noticed a few colored smudges on the pink cake, maybe you could airbrush over that to try and hide it a bit? Actually the ceramic topper is a cute one and doesn't look out of place on the cake. The cake itself is pretty and any little girl would love it.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 6

I love the colors!! The topper is cute but a little hidden by the flowers. Overall, I like your cake!

bananaslug14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananaslug14 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:24am
post #4 of 6

I think it looks quite good. mabye just add some leaves and (or) vines so the flowers look more tyed in to the rest of the cake

good luck

-Samantha

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:31am
post #5 of 6

I would probably use a lighter, more pastel shade of green. Also dust the leaves a little bit to tie in the green on the cake to the green on the leaves.

I would also leave just the Tinkerbell topper on the top and remove the 2 flowers beside it.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:41am
post #6 of 6

I really like your cake, and I'll bet they did too. I would make slightly smaller flowers (if only I COULD make them as well as you do! icon_smile.gif and maybe do a little bouquet of the smaller flowers to surround Tink at the top. But, as I said, I really like your cake!

S.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%