No Supports On Bronwen's Cake?

Decorating By Marina Updated 13 Jun 2007 , 10:09pm by moydear77

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #31 of 40

Some of those cakes were just amazing!!! But... did anyone else's heart shove itself into their throat when Scar's head fell off? They kept showing that part on the commercial advertising the show and I would screech each time and DH would come running to see me writhing in agony! I told him, I just couldn't do it. WHY on EARTH do they have to move the cake afterward? I keep telling DH that I hate that part of these types of shows because any cake decorator worth their salt knows you don't move a whole huge cake like that!! You put it together exactly on the spot where it will be served! That's too unrealistic for me!! Ergh! icon_mad.gif

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:01pm
post #32 of 40

Maybe it didn´t need to be cake, only edible, because the guy who did the lion used rice crispies. BTW, that poor lion looked a little weird and, yes, he sounded a little full of himself. I was surprised,though, that they didn´t say anything to him about holding the rice crispies in place using some kind of wire thing. I thought everything was supposed to be edible.

I thought it was kind of cute that Mike was telling pirate jokes but after they mentioned how it could bother the other competitors I understand that the judges would be upset. Although, like someone else said, the electric knife must have been getting on someone´s nerves. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I´ve seen Bronwen sculpt a cake right in front of my eyes when she came to demonstrate to the Washington State cake show just a few months ago and she is just amazing. She showed how she and Jennifer do the support for cakes and ,yes, the use PVC pipe and they have cake boards in between layers. I think her cake would have had a better chance had she not colored Ursulla that dark.

Oh, and what did you guys think of the assistant for the dalmatians cake who left for close to an hour because of her nose bleed? She must have had a hemorrhage or something like that. Wouldn´t you think that someone would have come over to the chef and told him what was going on?

Anyway, it was a very fun show to watch. I think there must be another one coming up because when Bronwen was in WA she told us that there was a challenge with the Simpsons as the theme. I can´t remember if she said she was a judge in that challenge.

Ok, off to school. Last day of school for me. Yayyyyyy!!!! (I´m a teacher, not a student)

Inma

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:02pm
post #33 of 40

All the cakes was beautiful...Mike macery was always outstanding.

cruizze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cruizze Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:17pm
post #34 of 40

Hat's off to all the creators. The show was the best they have done in a long while. When I saw the comercial for the show and saw that Ursela was going to be done in cake I was very excited. Then I saw Bronwen's cake without the tentacles sticking out I was very let down. She did an excellent job scupting her out of fondant and I thought her color was fine but she didn't capture the whole character. She's an octopus and that was lost on her finished cake.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:27pm
post #35 of 40

I agree that this episode was sooooo much fun to watch and Mike is amazing at his sculptures..... but I also agree it doesnt seem so fair that the rest of them are carving and sculpting cake for a cake challenge and Mike just used modelling chocolate for 90% of his sculpture. I dont think it should count as a villain cake ... how bout villain sculptures???????

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 8:59pm
post #36 of 40

The main part of the crocodile (just not the jaws) was cake, and so was the treasure chest....not sure about Smee.

Yeah, it would have been really cool if Bronwen had tentacles coming out of the cake, or at least made it so you could tell it was an octopus!

Courtney

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:12pm
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

The main part of the crocodile (just not the jaws) was cake, and so was the treasure chest....not sure about Smee.

Yeah, it would have been really cool if Bronwen had tentacles coming out of the cake, or at least made it so you could tell it was an octopus!

Courtney

Smee, Hook, and the crocodile jaws were modeling chocolate. The rest was cake. The pirate chest was so well done, well the whole cake was. The dalmation cake was really well done too, but it was just on too small of a scale for that kind of a show. Did anyone else think that cruella's face was just a bit off? Dont get me wrong that is WAY better than ANYTHING I could have come up with, but she just didn't look right in the face to me.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:20pm
post #38 of 40
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:35pm
post #39 of 40

Loved the whole competition! I was soooo sad for Scar and his head! LOL I mean FIRST they tell the guy that his licorice mane doesn't count and then the final blow!

I think all the cakes were great and obviously much better than anything I could EVER DO!

You know, the lady judge with the braid around her head I'm sure is an INCREDIBLE decorator, but, she is pretty hardnosed as a judge. I've seen her in MANY competitions. I know these people have to be held to higher standards....I'm not TOTALLY clueless, but, sometimes she's just RUDE!

I'm GLAD Mr. Mike won. What he does with modeling chocolate is nothing short of AMAZING!

Beth in KY

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 10:09pm
post #40 of 40

The great thing about DVR.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%