Is There A Trick To Using The Search Feature

Decorating By buttercreamkisses Updated 16 Jun 2007 , 9:33am by FatAndHappy

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:16am
post #1 of 11

Whenever I try to use the search feature I only get 5 or 6 cakes-if I click the "show me more" button it takes me to the main search page. Is there a way to see more of the specific cakes I'm looking for?

10 replies
Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 11

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm having the same problem. I really hope someone has an answer for you.

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 11

Go to the gray galleries tab at the top of the page. Then use the search on that page - it should give you pages and pages of pics to look through. When you use the search on the right side of your screen (with the magnifying glass), it searches forums, articles, galleries, etc. If you go to the gallery tab and then search from that page, it just searches the galleries.

cakesfromhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesfromhome Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 11

Buttercreamkisses, I am having the same problem. For example, I just wanted to see cupcakes the other day, so when I search for cupcakes, it pulls up five pics. Then, when I click on see more, it takes me to the galleries page. There isn't a specific album just for cupcakes. Frustrating! (But I still love you Cake Central!)

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 11

I have been having the same problem you ladies have and just tried the suggestion to use the search in the galleries area (went to galleries and did search). It takes me right back to the 5 pics that I was given if I had used the search on the main page...so I am not sure what would be a better narrowing tool....I will keep trying and will let you know if I find a better way. icon_wink.gif

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 11

JulesM7...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! I've been so frustrated with this! You rock, thank you!

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you! I just tried a search and got exactly what I wanted!

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 11

When you go to the galleries page, try not using the search box with the magnifying glass. Instead look under the purple bar with the heading "Cake Decorating Photo Gallery" and click on the word "search" on the gray bar (between the words "upload picture" and "view uncommented".

Nannaraquel: You're welcome, glad it worked for you!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffer01

I have been having the same problem you ladies have and just tried the suggestion to use the search in the galleries area (went to galleries and did search). It takes me right back to the 5 pics that I was given if I had used the search on the main page...so I am not sure what would be a better narrowing tool....I will keep trying and will let you know if I find a better way. icon_wink.gif

Click on the main galleries page tab at the top of this page, after it loads, look where the "Album Filter" is....ABOVE that you see "Last Uploads", "Last Comments", "Most Viewed", etc., just above THAT is another search button (to the left of "View Uncommented") if you click on that and search it brings up nothing but pictures.

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 11:10pm
post #10 of 11

Duh!!! I'm such a numbskull!!! Thanks so much for guiding me once again!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 9:33am
post #11 of 11

SAVE!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%