Can't Believe I Did This!

Decorating By kandypa Updated 23 Jun 2007 , 7:52pm by brwntab

kandypa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandypa Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 4

First, I am new to cakes. I have been doing "Free" cakes for the last 3 years icon_eek.gif Ok so I am doing my 1st "free" wedding cake. It is stacked with 3 tiers. 16-12-8. And is to be covered in MMF. I put it on an 18inch cake board. Baking the cakes went well. Crumb coated them. Went to put them in the fridge to set the crumb coat and found out that the 16 DOES NOT FIT in the fridge. Fit just fine until I put it on the board. NOW What???? Help me. Will the fondant look terrible if the crumb coat is not perfected with the Viva method? To scared to try and take it off of the cake board. As there is no time to re-bake the cakes!

Most times I do cakes I am so stressed by the time I deliver I say I'm nevering doing them again. But I always do!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. The icing will still crust some so the Viva method can still work. As long as it is as smooth as possible, the fondant will be fine.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 2:20am
post #3 of 4

I never used to put mine in the fridge - it will crust, you can smooth, and all will be fine!!

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

Kandypa did everything turn out okay with yur wedding cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%