Ideas For A Penguin Cake

Decorating By Calejo Updated 2 Jun 2005 , 12:00am by Calejo

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to make a cake with a penguin on it so my husband can take it to work (and hopefully someone will want me to make on for them). I have a lot of spare time at the moment and have been using it to practice, practice, practice my cake decorating. Their logo consists of a penguin in glasses and a bowtie and a polar bear in sunglasses. I was thinking of a 1/4 sheet with an igloo on top. Any ideas?

6 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 7

I like the idea of the igloo maybe you could make a penguin out of fondant you could use royal icing or butter cream to make him some glasses and a bow tie. maybe you could make a frozen lake on the cake and have the penguin ice skating lol i dont know just a thought

Calejo Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 7

Sound cool! here's what the penguin and the polar bear look like...

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 7

when I was on a cruise last year, the head pastry chef put on a little cake decorating demo. He took marzipan and formed it into a teardrop and then bent the pointed end down to make it look like a beak. He cut into the sides and flipped them up to look like wings. He dipped the belly into melted chocolate and then took some chocolate and piped little eyes on it. It was really simple, but it looked adorable!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 7

thats really cute. when i look at that i think of musicians(sp) i can totaly see that bear playing a guitar or some drums and the penguin singing. lol make a little animal band. lol

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 7

You know I've been wanting that Martha Stewart Igloo pan for forever but I can't get my hands on one! I like how it already has the lines and the door...all you have to do is dust with powdered sugar. You could make make one though out of half the ball pan or a pyrex bowl.

The idea that came to my mind was to make a cake shaped like an igloo--laying flat. Then do a BCT of the logo on top so it kind of looks like the two of them are in front of an igloo. Kind of like this...

That is a really cute logo too! I could see just that made into a shaped cake.

Calejo Posted 2 Jun 2005 , 12:00am
post #7 of 7

I think I know what I might do.... I'll post a pic. when I'm done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%