Who Are Your Favorite Cake Decorators?

Decorating By fourangelsmommie Updated 25 Jul 2006 , 1:32am by 4kids

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 30

Just wondering who your favorite cake decorators are.

I know Collette Peters, but who else should we try to 'inspire' to be someday, and do they have websites?

29 replies
fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 30

No one has a favorite cake decorator???? I know we have many talented and outstanding artists on CC, but surely someone has some favorites that they like and buy their books to look through.

Anyone??????

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 30

are you meaning favorite here on cc?

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 30

Hi, fourangelsmommie.

One of my all time favorite cake decorators is Margaret Braun. Her work is just great! Check out her website using the following link: http://www.margaretbraun.com.
I also love Colette Peters and of course my cake instructor Irene! thumbs_up.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 30

Mike is one of my all time favorites - I think he should have won in a couple of the Food Network shows, but they always seem to pick Colette over him. I like her too, though.

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 30

I LOVE AMAZING MIKE'S CAKES!

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 30

I like Colette's cakes but that is more because she taught herself and has done really well. I have a lot of respect for people who teach themselves to do amazing things. I am still new so I am sure I will one day find others.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 30

Besides Collette & Margaret Braun, I also love Scott Woolley cakes. His flowers are soooo realistic and his designs are a real delight.

http://www.cakesbydesign.cc/cakes_by_design.html

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 30

i like colette peters, no, i love her!
i also admire sugarshack..antonia74...adven68
if i did not mention some of the best bakers here, i am sorry..i know we have a lot of them but i have not seen their work yet.. icon_smile.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:22pm
post #10 of 30

a few...
Toba
Kate Sullivan
Collette
warren brown
Sylvia W
Duff G
Jacques Torres - candies

I really admire a lot of people here. the cakes i've seen on this site are amazing. I wish i had someone closer to me that would be willing to teach me.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:27pm
post #11 of 30

marj ~ You're right, there are many FINE decorators who belong to CC. I love to see all the fantastic cakes that are shown here.
I think though, ''fourangelsmommie'' was asking about the ''Big Professtionals".

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:34pm
post #12 of 30

oic...well, if she's asking about the professionals, then i have to say.. MARJ! icon_lol.gif ..just kidding! uhmm..i would probably say... mike, susan w..and again, colette peters.. icon_smile.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:36pm
post #13 of 30

Well,

Lindy Smith, Alan Dunn and Debbie Brown are my favs. I actually don't care that much for Collette, Margaret or Kerry..Let me just say, IMHO (in my humble opinion) sometimes less is moreand when I was trained, it was just after the minimalist period icon_rolleyes.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:39pm
post #14 of 30

icon_surprised.gif Irene (Adven68 here on CakeCentral) is so amazing. There is just something about her cakes that are overwhelming to me. She's an amazing artist for sure!! thumbs_up.gif

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:48pm
post #15 of 30

Another one is Sylvia Weinstock. Check out Sylvia's website http://www.sylviaweinstock.com/index_fl4.html
Wow, I didn't know about alot of the cake decorators mentioned. This forum really opened my eyes! I have a lot of studying to do. icon_surprised.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:50pm
post #16 of 30

I think Ron Ben Israel is awesome! Unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of pics on his website - but his work is AMAZING! I also love Elisa Kraus from Confetti Cakes. And I love Marina from Just Cakes. I also love Mike from Mike's amazing cakes - he got me interested in decorating a LOOONG time ago when he was on Reading Rainbow.... anyone remember that ? icon_wink.gif One of my favorite episodes icon_smile.gif

Of course I love Collette Peters. icon_smile.gif Duff Goldman is cool too - but I love Collette more..... oh and Bronwyn - I can't remember if that's how you spell her name - she's been in a couple Food Network challenges and she teaches in TX. She's awesome!

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 8:48pm
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Well,

Lindy Smith, Alan Dunn and Debbie Brown are my favs. I actually don't care that much for Collette, Margaret or Kerry..Let me just say, IMHO (in my humble opinion) sometimes less is moreand when I was trained, it was just after the minimalist period icon_rolleyes.gif

I understand some of thoes cakes can be waaaaay too much. thoes victorian grand cakes just look ugly to me but collette has some that are simpler that I like. I do like the "nights sky" cake she made.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:07pm
post #18 of 30

Meghan89's cakes are my favorite. Her designs are completely unique. Art inspires me, decorating does not.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:46pm
post #19 of 30

(Marj and Monica.....thank you soooo much!!!!)

I also love all of the above mentioned....some more than others...but they are all great!

One of my favorite cake artists is named Susan Morgan....she has inspired me many times....including to mail a cake!.....her cakes are FANTASTIC!!! This is her website...

http://www.elegantcheesecakes.com/wedding-cakes.html

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 12:39am
post #20 of 30

Lindy Smith is one of my big favorites and my aunt, Sharon Low.

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 12:56am
post #21 of 30

I have to say that my hubby is my all-time favorite cake decorator...just because he is so cute and cuddly, kind of like a stand-up bear cake. icon_wink.gif

If you mean FAMOUS decorators, I'd say that Bronwyn is tremendous. I also admire Mike from Mike's Amazing Cakes.

If you mean soon to be famous decorators from Cake Central, Adven68 is my absolute idol. I'm still waiting on the book with instructions! Of course, Boween ranks high on my list, along with Meghan89, CJF, Ginger08, Tuggy (of course!), not to forget the girls, Kitagirl and Flourgrl. Lot's of other amazing talent here as well!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 1:17am
post #22 of 30

I really love the work of Boween and Boonenati. I like their style and creativity. I can only dream of making a cake like theirs! There are so many good decorators on this forum. I love to look in the galleries for inspiration.

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 1:26am
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

Lindy Smith is one of my big favorites and my aunt, Sharon Low.

I went to her website and all I can say is WOW icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif What beautiful cakes!! I love the ones that look all glittery, just awesome!!!!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 8:43pm
post #24 of 30

Kate Sullivan. She is from New York. Soemone should get her recent book. Kate's cake decorating by Kate Sullivan. She was on the food network she has beutiful cakes

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 2:01am
post #25 of 30

mmmm, lets see, I sure like that girl that won the birthday cake competition on FoodNetwork, Marina Sousa (I may have her name wrong icon_redface.gif ), Mike's Amazing Cakes, and Ron Ben Israel.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 2:28pm
post #26 of 30

Collette would be my first choice. She takes
the time to teach others.
Scott clark woolley for his sugar flowers
Dede Wilson who has a great book as well as cakes.
Mainly, I like the ones who share their tips on decorating.

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 23 Jul 2006 , 3:04pm
post #27 of 30

Toba Garrett for her exquisite piping
Scott Clark Woolley and Alan Dunn for there breathtaking realistic flowers and foliage
Ronald Winbeckler for his amazing figure piping, cake sculpture, and cake cartooning and
Nick Lodge for his overall superb cake design & cake styling technique.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 10:16pm
post #28 of 30

I think most people right here on cake central are pretty fabulous. Everybody has unique talent. I couldn't pick a favorite.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 10:17pm
post #29 of 30

I think most people right here on cake central are pretty fabulous. Everybody has unique talent. I couldn't pick a favorite.

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 1:32am
post #30 of 30

I really like the work of Bronwen Weber. I saw her work at the competetion here in Asheville, NC with the gingerbread house competition on Food Network (back in '05... I believe) and then she won the Wedding Cake division at the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show also on Food Network in 2005. Her work is really cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%