Pirate Ship Cake

Decorating By kelli60 Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 5:51pm by kelli60

kelli60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelli60 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone happen to have directions for the Pirate Ship Cake Kit?

9 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 3:58am
post #2 of 10

Is it the 3D pirate ship?

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:04am
post #3 of 10

I don't know, but I wish I did. I've seen some that look great!!!

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 4:19am
post #4 of 10

Here are some pictures using the Pirate Ship Cake kit. They're not instructions but maybe the pictures will help.

http://www.cakeartssupply.com/Birthday Gallery.htm Second row from the bottom, first one on the left

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=kitchen&field-keywords=birthday%20cake&page=1 It's number 14.

kelli60 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 10

It is the 3D Pirate Ship Cake. I bought the cake kit at Target Bakery and they didn't have directions with it. Target Bakery is great for getting the cake kits, the Pirate one was $10. Samller ones are $3.99.

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 10

You could also scan the galleries, I am planning on making a pirate cake (sans kit) next month and have seen some very nice looking cakes that don't seem too hard. I am really looking forward to it. My kids don't like pirates so I had to wait for a friends son's birthday. Yeah PIRATES!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 10

The Deco Pac Pirate Ship kit is supposed to come with the directions! You're really gonna need those, too! Call them up and ask them to photo-copy the direction card at the very least for you (and since all the kits are shipped with extra direction cards in addition to the paper directions that are supposed to be inside the kit bag for that particular kit they may be able to just give you one of the actual cards).

I am very familiar with that cake, you need the directions from Deco Pac.

rhesp1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhesp1212 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 10

If you don't have a kit, this is what I did that was very easy!!!
I have the oval pan set, so I baked the medium and large sized pans. Stacked them together and then I cut around the permimeter of the small one with a slight angel inwards to give the ship some curves in the front. Then I used the scrap from the large cake that I just cut off to make the bow and back of the ship. A top view of the cake looked just like a real ship with the bow curved and all. I put a few straws in the bow to keep it from falling forward with the weight of the icing during transport. Take a look in my pics....I'll upload the top view for you to see too.

Valerie

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 10

there is a very cute pirate ship cake that was posted by j1handal it has a sheet cake for the ocean and then a round cake cut in half then the two halfs put side by side. you will need to cut a flat spot on the sides for them to stand up. the center of the cake that has been cut (when you cut the cake in half) is the top part, the flat part of the ship that you put figures on and the sails. I know I am not doing a very good job of giving directions but find the picture it is great and eay to do!!!

kelli60 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 5:51pm
post #10 of 10

I brought the pack back to Traget and they exchanged it for one with directions. If anyone wants, I can try to scan it and post it or e-mail it. Let me know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%