Has Anyone Tried These Fillings???

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 21 Jul 2006 , 9:56pm by debbie2881

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 14

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&SubCatId=798

i have never used these b4 and wanted to use a few soon.has anyone ever tried these? if so whats your fave////is there one i should NOT get??

13 replies
SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 14

I use them all the time. I love them. I really like the fact that I don't have to refrigerate them while they are in the cake. They are the same things that are used in donuts and danishes. I get a lot of requests for the lemon, strawberry, raspberry, and cream cheese. (The raspberry has seeds in it which I strain out.)

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 14

thank you so much for answering! my daughters bday is soon and she wants a LARGE cake icon_rolleyes.gif so it has 3 layers. but she wants the banana-choc bavarian-and raspberry. i really feel good about ordering them now thanks again!

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 14

I'VE NEVER TRIED THME. LET ME KNOW HOW THEY WORK OUT.

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 14

I was wondering about those as well the other day. Especially the bavarian. Any other feedback out there?

Angie

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 14

I have just tried the strawberry & gotten rave reviews. Very yummy!! Good luck!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 14

They are great have been using for the last 10 years. Chocolate Bavarian and Bavarian cream are great. Lemon and raspberry are awesome.

You will not be disappointed. You can store the rest in a container in the pantry.

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 14

those are the only ones i have ever used. the creamcheese one is to die for, especially if you combine it with the cherry one!!! yum!!!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 14

So how much cake can you do with one of those sleeves? It's great to know they taste good, I've been looking at them for a while myself.

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 14

i use one for a 1/2 sheet and still have some left... depends too on how much you like for your filling and if you have more than one, like with cheesecake and strawberry

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 14

I have a question, a little off topic. I bake from scratch and don't hesitate to tell people so. I make some fillings but am concerned about doing things like bavarian cream from scratch. In light of that, is it wrong to use a sleeve filling for more hazardous items? Am I misleading my customers?

gramscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramscookies Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:36pm
post #12 of 14

I have been useing these fillings for almost five years now, everone seems to love them, especially the strawberry. I've made 5 cakes juat recently and all wanted the strawberry. icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:42pm
post #13 of 14

They are without a doubt, fantastic! I just made a Bride's cake with the raspberry filling and white chocolate frosting. I mixed the raspberry sleeve with some raspberry Polaner All Fruit. Wow, was it good. Matter of fact, we had some raspberry mixture left over and we used it on pancakes with a bit of whip cream on top. Yummy!!! I have been told though to refrigerate the left over in the sleeve so as to keep it fresh longer. You can even freeze it. The cake can sit out for days with no problems which is what sold me on it to begin with.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 9:56pm
post #14 of 14

I used the pineapple & bavarian cream mixed. I did a 12x18 & 9x13 and only used the 2 sleeves. It was sooo yummy, everyone loved it. I just bought the raspberry, choc bavarian & strawberry but havent tried it yet, i'm sure they are yummy also. I'm also thinking of trying the cream cheese since everyone says its so good. I was also sold when it stated that the filling could be left out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%