Lemon Fillings

Baking By sweetviolent Updated 21 Jul 2006 , 8:10am by cowdex

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 3:47am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a favorite lemon filling _ for a lemon poppyseed wedding cake that will be outside ???

I was thinking of lemon curd but I wasnt sure if it would make the cake soggy as I have never used it in a wedding cake !! thanks

7 replies
cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 4:35am
post #2 of 8

1 can Eagle Brand & 1/3 c lemon juice - mix and let sit about 15 minutes - yum yum! That is what was in my wedding cake.

chyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chyna Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 4:43am
post #3 of 8

what does that do to the texture of the eagle brand? (or rather, what is the texture of this filling?) And can I tint it yellow?

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 4:52am
post #4 of 8

I've used the Eagle Brand recipe before. The lemon juice turns the condensed milk into a thick, pudding-like consistency. Very good for spreading on cakes, and not runny or oozy at all! I tinted mine with yellow icing color (dissolved in the lemon juice before I mixed in the milk), but only because I thought "lemon" should be "yellow" and not ivory. It tastes GREAT if you're a lemon fan. It's nice and tart, which balances out the sweetness of your icing. When I made it, it was a big hit! icon_biggrin.gif

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 5:14am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdex

1 can Eagle Brand & 1/3 c lemon juice - mix and let sit about 15 minutes - yum yum! That is what was in my wedding cake.

Interesting...I've never heard of this recipe. Whenever I need to make a lemon filling I just use a regular lemon curd.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 1:47am
post #6 of 8

That sounds yummy anit should stand up to being out of fridge right ???? Thanks!!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 1:53am
post #7 of 8

I always mix the lemon curd with BC so that it won't be so runny and its always turned out good. I'm not a lemony fan myself but the customers that request always say they love it.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 8:10am
post #8 of 8

Yes, it can sit out. My wedding cake sat outside for hours...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%