2Nd Cake

Decorating By tlnewman Updated 17 Jun 2005 , 11:17pm by tlnewman

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 18

Ok here is my second cake ever. My nephew was having a Hot Wheels themed party so I made him a 3-d car cake. The only problem is... I made my mil a lighthouse cake the same day for Mother's Day and it fell on the car cake. It messed up the front right fender a little but my cute little nephew said " My cake had a wreck before it got to the party!" Leave it to a 5 year old to see the bright side because I was in tears.
LL

17 replies
momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 18

GREAT JOB!!!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 18

Nice job!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 18

great cake! very cute! i know he just loved it

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 18

Wow...2nd cake? That's great thumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 18

Wonderful job! I like the little dude's attitude, he will go far in life! Really cute cake, good for you!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 18

Great job! Kids can be so good at bucking us up just when we need it. My grandaughters usually get a finger full of icing soon after theor cakes are put out so they wouldn't care about a "minor accident" either. Good work!

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 18

Awesome Job!!!!

We are always soo much more critical of our own work. I did a baby shower cupcake order for dh's office and I was being looked out for BECAUSE I made 3 extra's and wouldn't you know it...my husband calls me and says the lid fell in on the cupcakes do you have stuff to make more. YIKES! Well...I said hold on a minute...how many got damaged? Yep you guessed it 3. WOWEEE!

By the time you hit your 10th cake I think I will be afraid of you, if the car was only your second cake. thumbs_up.gif

tlnewman Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 18

I'm glad at least 1 of them turned out okay. My mil lighthouse cake wasn't so lucky. The light house on top of the base cake fell off completely. I gave it to her anyway and she loved it! Her and my fil has never had fondant before and they loved the taste of it. (the MMF of course) So thank all of you for the kind words. icon_biggrin.gif

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:31am
post #10 of 18

Nice job!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 1:36am
post #11 of 18

That looks great! thumbs_up.gif
traci

tlnewman Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:09am
post #12 of 18

Thanks to everyone for your generous comments! icon_biggrin.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 3:15am
post #13 of 18

You did an awesome job on it for just your second cake!! Keep up the great work!

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 11:31pm
post #14 of 18

Awesome job on the car cake!! You have a great cake future ahead of you!! How did you make it? Is there a 3/D car pan out there somewhere? I keep seeing these cool car cakes and was wondering!

Again awesome cake tlnewman!!

~luraleigh~

tlnewman Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 12:50am
post #15 of 18

Thank you for the compliment! Yes there is a pan called 3-D cruiser and it is so easy to do this cake. You should try it sometime!
Tammy

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 8:34pm
post #16 of 18

tammy,
beautiful job on the car! you can tell from the picture that you're a patient and careful decorator. thumbs_up.gif

i bought that car pan a couple of years ago but haven't had the chance to try it out yet (expect as a rice krispie treat mold) -- my new nephew is only 3 weeks old, but i'm sure i'll get to use for him (or his older sister) in the future.

aunts who decorate cakes are extra-marvelous! (in my humble aunty-opinion). icon_biggrin.gif

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 9:14pm
post #17 of 18

Aunt-judy.....as an aunt myself....I TOTALLY agree!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

tlnewman Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 18

aunt-judy, I never thought about using it as a rice crispy treat mold.....that's cool! I usually have alot of patience but they are wearing thinner since school is out for the summer ( I have a 15 and 8 year olds)
Thank you for the kind words! BTW I am an aunt to 11 nieces and nephews so I am getting plenty of practice! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%