The Most Bizaare Cake You Have Been Asked To Make Is...

Decorating By nathanikka Updated 19 Jul 2006 , 9:53pm by Katydidz

nathanikka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nathanikka Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 30

I just wanted to hear what you all have been asked to make, cake flavors, fillings, designs, shapes, etc. I thought this would be interesting to see.

29 replies
nathanikka Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:09am
post #2 of 30

I know that there has to be some things that seem "odd" that people ask for...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:51am
post #3 of 30

Well this week I had a request for a little girls birthday. She want Grave Digger with Barbie Driving! And she wants a REAL barbie.

I have agreed to Grave Digger and Barbie is negotiable.... Although it had changed from a John Deere Tractor with Barbie driving....

Kids!

Leily

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:56am
post #4 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Well this week I had a request for a little girls birthday. She want Grave Digger with Barbie Driving! And she wants a REAL barbie.

I have agreed to Grave Digger and Barbie is negotiable.... Although it had changed from a John Deere Tractor with Barbie driving....

Kids!

Leily

lol we lived in Iowa for a while and when I was reading your post I was thinking, wow that sounds so Iowa and I looked over at your location and got a really good chuckle.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:57am
post #5 of 30

I have a "Redneck" party that I have been asked to make a cake for............so it's going to be a rebel flag cake, with a dead possom on a paper plate! It is for a boy who is turning 13! Gross.........but whatever the customer wants!

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:59am
post #6 of 30

well lets see, i was asked to make a 12in circle bright yellow smiley cake for after a funeral.....she is a really nice co-worker thats the only reason i agreed to it.

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:04am
post #7 of 30

Not so much bizzare as wierd, I had a baby girl shower cake that the customer wanted done in all pale blue. This was her favorite color and she had also requested that the gifts be blue also. Go figure. Well, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I posted the final result. She seemed to be pleased with the cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=regymusic&cat=0&pos=26

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:06am
post #8 of 30

I had a bride give me an 3x5 picture of an old yucky castle in England nothing specail in looks but its where they got enganged. She wanted to surprise him with thier wedding cake to look like it. So I said I would do it. because no one else would even think of it. Here is the picture when they saw the cake they both cried because it was exaclty what they remember and wanted. I still think its ugly and could do better now since I have more experience but non the less they loved it!
LL

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:08am
post #9 of 30

Well, this was strange to me...

I did a wedding cake that was based on a birthday cake photo.

3 tiers - rectangle, oval, round -- all offset.

45 "records" and musical notes made out of gumpaste.

Okay, not too terribly odd until I had to make the 45's pink and orange! Then, they wanted those super thin "candles" in the top.

Finally, they wanted names of their band and their friends' bands as record labels written on the records. They were all punk rock bands, so they had names like "Capitalist Casualties", etc. But, the oddest was the name of the bride's band (which I won't repeat here) because it's in the lanugage Africaans (sp?), and it means F*&* O#@!

I didn't find this out until I was at the reception and I asked one of the band members what it meant! I was stunned. Honestly, I didn't think to ask when I was decorating, but if I'd known, I don't think I would have made it. You can see it at my photos.

Anyway, don't know if anyone else will find this strange, but I did!

Sarah

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:16am
post #10 of 30

I had a lady order a Barbie cake for her sisters party; since the sister was turning 40; she wanted the dress to be all blck with a black veil over the barbies face as if in mourning. icon_cry.gif She also ordered a cake with a hill with the sister's name going up one side & down the other. icon_rolleyes.gif On top of that... She wanted a round cake with musical notes on the side & an FSU logo on top for her niece. I had to get my daughter's cello music to help with the notes. She loved all three cakes. icon_wink.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:27am
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

lol we lived in Iowa for a while and when I was reading your post I was thinking, wow that sounds so Iowa and I looked over at your location and got a really good chuckle.

LMAO, Yeah the girls in my family are tom boys (although we seem to grow out of it) To many boys in the family, not enough girls! And grandparents being farmers!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:39am
post #12 of 30

I wasn't asked to make this cake specifically, but my friend Paula's b-day is around halloween & she was dressing up as a soda shop girl..She loves gory stuff...this is what I came up with:

Definitely the most bizarre cake I made:
LL

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:57am
post #13 of 30

I love the name of your cake ge978 - Barbie's Bad Day.....how funny .... and gross!

The most unusual cake I have ever made was a suprise 50th birthday cake for my aunt.....it's a toilet cake, complete with little suprises in the bowl. My grandmother though it would be funny and asked me if she thought I could make one, so I gave it a try. I was happy with the outcome, my aunt thought it was funny, and people are still talking about that cake at family gatherings.
LL

nathanikka Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:34am
post #14 of 30

I knew that you all would have something! These are great!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:14am
post #15 of 30

SLK...hahaha..I'll have to say yours is equally gross too icon_biggrin.gif But very well done thumbs_up.gif

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:34am
post #16 of 30

These are so funny - kinda too bad it isn't included in the "Adult themed section" - I'm sure those were some surprising requests!!!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 10:01am
post #17 of 30

sonoma9

So was the bride from South Africa? Just asking. You won't believe with what tapedshut.gif names the rock bands come up with here in South Africa.

BTW the spelling is Afrikaans.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 10:34am
post #18 of 30

The weirdest cake I have to make was for a secretary to the high school football coach. She had decided to quit in the MIDDLE of football season (we take our football seriously here). The cake was normal, run of the mill 1/2 sheet cake with a "pile of dog poop" on it.

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 10:38am
post #19 of 30

I was asked to make an exploding cake with a balloon inside so that when it was cut it would burst in their face. I knocked it back, cos I didn't want my cake plastered on the walls and not even tasted. Plus I wouldn't even know how to do the balloon part! icon_confused.gif

imartsy Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:26pm
post #20 of 30

An exploding cake? Sounds like a cake for Duff...... that guy on the food network... he made a "rocket" or "cannon" cake that shot real fireworks.....

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 2:42pm
post #21 of 30

Yep mac - I would say they take their football very seriously!!! Gross cake!!!

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:15pm
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza

sonoma9

So was the bride from South Africa? Just asking. You won't believe with what tapedshut.gif names the rock bands come up with here in South Africa.

Thanks Eliza for the spelling! I knew I got that one wrong.

No, she's not from S. Africa -- I don't know why they chose a word in that language. When I found out what the word (begins with a V) means, I couldn't believe that they would want that on their wedding cake! I must have looked like icon_eek.gif when they told me, but I tried to keep my cool.

Sarah

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:16pm
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza

I just learned something new...I never knew that! I even had to look it up icon_redface.gif

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:20pm
post #24 of 30

Um, mine would be a nude female torso....from shoulders to upper thighs, which I do quite frequently, with and without bikini. But, this one was to be lavender "skinned" with darker purple "accenting". I didn't even ask why, just charge extra for the freakiness of it and went on my way.

imartsy Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:35pm
post #25 of 30

georgies_girl

Quote:
Quote:

Um, mine would be a nude female torso....from shoulders to upper thighs, which I do quite frequently, with and without bikini. But, this one was to be lavender "skinned" with darker purple "accenting". I didn't even ask why, just charge extra for the freakiness of it and went on my way.

LOL so what do you charge for "freakiness?" icon_smile.gificon_lol.gif I'd like to see that on an invoice or a price list..... cake $$, filling, $, freakiness $$$...... maybe it was some kind of alien or star trek/ star wars thing?? icon_smile.gif

You should post that pic (in the adult section, of course!)

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:44pm
post #26 of 30

Oh, I wish I'd taken a pic of it....but it was about three years ago and I didn't have my digital camera yet...lol

If I recall, I tacked on about $10 and they didn't bat an eye. I had another one that was "normal" colored, but they wanted a tattoo and a gold belly ring on her.

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 4:49pm
post #27 of 30

Well not as wierd as all of yours, but I had someone order 8 dozen petit fours with little american flags and elephants piped on top for a republican theme. But then she realized that the party that was running for office that she was throwing the party for was non-partisan ( is that spelled right?) anyway, so she changed the order to have his nae written on the petit fours and small flowers. I had already made half of the little miny royal icing elephants so I charged her for those. I still have about 4 dozen little elephants in a tupperware somewhere! Not sure I will ever have anything else to use those for!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 5:37pm
post #28 of 30

My team at work was having a huge Halloween bash--we have a bit of a reputation for what we do at Halloween. This one year we did a murder mystery where people had to go to different offices for clues to help figure out who the murderer was. I was asked to make a cake with severed arms since that was part of the story line. So I made a sheet cake, had my hubby trace my arms and then cut two arms out of the cake. Added a broken finger, some bones sticking out the back of the arms and then took my decorator brush and flung red color gel all over the place for blood. Pretty nasty, but they they all loved it.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 9:35pm
post #29 of 30

I've been chomping at the bit to share this one again... I did a full sheet cake for a wedding a few weeks ago. The couple just "woke up and decided to go to the court house and get married." The cake was decorated with BLACK BC; BLACK roses/buds and leaves; with VULTURES made from BC and resting beside two Harley motorcycles. Yes, BLACK...all over. The couple are members of a local motorcycle club/gang/chapter, whatever you want to call it. The bride CRIED when she was it. When a bride cries, it's not always a good thing. This one LOVED her cake, and has referred several people my way for "unique" cakes. LOL. I tried to get her to do a tiered cake...could've gotten much more creative, but she insisted that she was a "plain Jane" and didn't want anything "special." Go figure. Anyway, that's my contribution to this hilarious posting. I'm enjoying these stories. icon_smile.gif

Amy

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 9:53pm
post #30 of 30

Hm...the weirdest cake I've done so far would have to be the Jabba the Hutt cake I did for my nephew last year. Nephew wanted him to look gross and slimy just like the real thing. Well, Jabba ended up looking like a big pile of quacomole complete with bikini clad Princess Leah.

My weirdest request comes from my niece (his little sister) she wants a mystery machine, being chased by a UFO, a witch, and a "panfer" (panther) we'll see if I can pull all that off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%