Kids In Airports

Lounge By dydemus Updated 19 Jul 2006 , 11:14am by dydemus

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 7

Okay ladies and gents - we have some very creative people here and I need some ideas. I have a three year old boy and six year old girl. We have a three hour layover in Nashville tomorrow. I intend to take our time eating lunch, but anyone have any creative ideas of how to spend the rest of our time waiting for our next plane? (I'm thankful, actually to have a little time to stretch our legs in between flights, but 3 hours???)

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 7

> go to observation area and watch take-offs and landings
> book(s) to read
> games: I spy...
> bathroom before lunch, after lunch, and before boarding (there goes an hour!)

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 7

pack small toys, snacks, brand new coloring books and crayons.
Buy a couple leashes. I don't want to scare you but my parents lost my sister in JFK when she was 5. Of course they had 7 kids ages almost 1-13, had already had the ride from Germany and had a delay in Frankfurt and JFK. That and she found a guard and they found my parents.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 7

Most airports these days have small kiddie areas that have small climbing toys and such.

Also, you could play Simon Says or other games as Doug suggested. I usually throw a bag of balloons in my purse for times such as these and you could blow a couple up for them to play with if you can find a rather secluded spot for them to goof around in. A deck of cards can prove invaluable as well. Even a 3 year old can have fun sorting them by color or suit.

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 7

portable DVD player!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 7

LOL Doug the bathroom idea.....priceless

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 11:14am
post #7 of 7

Great ideas!!! Thanks all!!