Baby Shower Cakes

Decorating By kelli60 Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm by kelli60

kelli60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelli60 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 10

I'm looking for an idea for a cake for a baby shower, that is not your traditional blue, pink, yellow, etc, but a cake that is still fun and gearded toward a baby. I looked through the photos and can't find anything that fits. Any ideas??

9 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 10

Well right now Im working on one for a lady that is decorating her nursery in this theme called Zansabar. Its a Babiesrus. So basically its jungle theme. So we are doing her cake and her cookie favors all with the animals from the nursery decor. So what Im trying to say is maybe you should find out what she is doing with the babys room and decorate the cake accordingly?

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:34am
post #3 of 10

I just love the baby shower cakes that are the wash tubs with the baby in it with bubles, rubber duckies and what not. That and the flower pot with the baby coming out. Both of those are totally cute and definitely not typical.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:51am
post #4 of 10

I agree about finding out what the baby's room decor is - and match the cake to that. Also - what about the decor at the shower? I know when I throw one I have some sort of theme - whether it's a color theme or design theme, etc - it probably would be good for it to go along with that.

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 10

What about a pea in the pod? Wouldn't be your traditional pastels, and is cute and baby related.

Here is one.

[/url]http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=331283[url]

tashaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tashaluna Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 10

I have a baby shower this weekend too. it is hard to find a cake not many have seen. I really like those diaper boxes. but I am not brave enough to try them just yet. good luck

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 10

ok, I cannot get that link to work. sorry. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 4:02pm
post #8 of 10

I also like the idea they had in American Cake Decorator Magazine last month. It was a nursery with a woman that was pregnant. It was really sweet!

likes_2_create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likes_2_create Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 10

The woman that mde my shower cake did blocks and used zoo animals and primary colors.

kelli60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelli60 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm
post #10 of 10

I think she is doing the room in Orange. I was trying to think of a cake and then pick a theme. Kind of backwards, I know, but she doesn't have a theme for the babys room yet, since she doesn't know if it's a boy or girl yet. I love the pea in the pod idea and the bubbles in the tub.

Thanks to all for your ideas! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%