Check Out This Site For Beautiful Cookies!!

Baking By Naty Updated 27 Jul 2006 , 3:41am by Aries-04

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 25

Hi everyone, found the book at the library and these girls make awesome looking cookies! The book is called "The Flour Pot Cookie Book" and their web site is: http://www.flourpotcookies.com/

It is really inspirational!!

Regards,
Naty thumbs_up.gif

24 replies
SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 25

So she is using ribbon attached with royal icing I assume? What a wonderful idea!

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 25

Awesome cookies. Thanks for sharing.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 25

Thanks!! That's a great sight.

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 25

Don't they mostly use fondant for the initial shape on their cookies? Has anyone tried this yet? How is the taste?

notsoperfectcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notsoperfectcakes Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 25

This site makes me want to go and bake cookies Now, even though my house is about 88 degrees and we have no air conditioning!!!Thanks for sharing that site..
Audrey

kae133 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kae133 Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:03am
post #7 of 25

I saw this company on a segment of Sugar Rush. I only remember because they are not far from where I live. Pretty cool cookies and decorations. It's a mother/daughter duo. Mom mostly does the baking. Daughter does more of the business end. They even have their some of their cookie cutters specially designed for them. It was a fun segment to watch.

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:07am
post #8 of 25

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!!

notsoperfectcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notsoperfectcakes Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:08am
post #9 of 25

Thats what i was wondering about fondant too, was the taste? i would hope it would taste good with all the work that goes into some of the cookies. Isn't it tooo sweet??
audrey

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:11am
post #10 of 25

I bought their book about a month ago and tried my hand at cookies with fondant. They were rather easy to do, but this was my absolute first baking experience and my decorating skills (piping)were and still are not that great. I used MMF for the cookies and the taste was pretty good. I will try to upload a picture of those to my photos. ( I don't know how to upload with my reply.)

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 1:14am
post #11 of 25

I tried the fondant cookies one day when I was in a hurry. They came out great. By the way, it was for a Little League outdoor event and it was 90 degrees out. They sat out for over an hour with no problem, and everyone raved about them.

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 3:45am
post #12 of 25

OK...I have fondant consistency "issues"....does it give the cookies a funny consistency?

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 4:04am
post #13 of 25

I don't think they had a funny consistency - they were a little "chewy" because of the marshmallows, but I took them to a bday party and they were a hit. I like my cookies somewhat soft anyway so I didn't bake these until they were crisp. To me, the fondant consistency kind of went with the overall "soft cookie" thing. If you like your cookies really crisp, you might not like the fondant.

sweetsomethings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsomethings Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 4:07am
post #14 of 25

They have a book out too! I do like the cookies but, I think they are too fussy for me. I don't want to have to pull off ribbon to eat my cookies. I guess I am fussy! icon_smile.gif

Laura

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 4:11am
post #15 of 25

I'm lost on the fondant stuff, but ther cookies are nice and they don't charge as much as some cookie places.

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 4:19am
post #16 of 25

thanks for sharing!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 5:37pm
post #17 of 25

Of course you can't do the intricate patterns though. I'm just not the fondant type. Seems harder to do. I really like the ribbons attached!!
Any ideas from anyone on how to get similar patterns without using the fondant?

Thanks,
Naty

manyacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manyacakes Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:16am
post #18 of 25

i made some of the cookies in their book and i used mmf. i like the book too and i have tried to go to their shop a couple of times but i seem to always catch them when they are closed. they sell supplies there. i was looking for a patterned fondant roller.

i tried using the candy clay on a cookie instead of the mmf with royal decorations and my husband thought it was too sweet. i did like working with the mmf. it seemed like you could cover more cookies quicker with it and then go and put on royal icing details afterwards. i like assembly line things.

manya

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:26am
post #19 of 25

So cute! Great site too.

I love their Dali clock cookies!!!!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:35am
post #20 of 25

Great cookies. I need to make some for my daughter's bridal shower. How do you think they make theirs? Is it a sugar cookie and then fondant covering? It looks like they may use royal icing. Am I wrong? If you were to make them, how would you do it?

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 12:35am
post #21 of 25

Yes, they use Fondant.....they were on TV (FoodNetwork) b4 and the owner specifically said she only uses Fondant.

which is what I also do. It's very quick and beautiful, that's why I love it..and it always comes out perfect...Fondant taste the same on cookies, just like when it's on cake. icon_smile.gif

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:07pm
post #22 of 25

I've eaten their cookies before, and they were very good. The cookie seemed like a basic butter cookie recipe. I don't know what kind of fondant they use - but I think in their book they mention that they buy it (vs. homemade). The fondant tasted light and simply sweet ... it's hard to describe I guess. It was a nice compliment to the cookie. One thing I noticed is that the cookies dried out pretty quickly - within a week they were to hard to bite into. They came with the bag folded over and sealed with a sticker - so maybe if they used a bag sealer they would've stayed fresher. I love the ribbon idea ... but I recently heard that ribbon isn't approved for food use (gosh, I hope that's not the case!). I once suggested to someone attaching ribbon to their cookies and they lady said "Oh no, I just know someone will end up eating it!"

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 1:14pm
post #23 of 25

Yes, I saw in on Sugar Rush and I already had a link to the company's website so it was cool to watch

I am not so sure about using fondant to cover the base of the cookie... My husband said that he wouldn't eat them because he hates fondant.

But the cookies were real pretty and cute!!!

Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 1:03pm
post #24 of 25

I saw them on TV. Very cute.

Aries-04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aries-04 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 3:41am
post #25 of 25

Thanks for sharing!Great cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%