Baby Face Mold...?

Decorating By cindww Updated 17 Jul 2006 , 6:27am by fearlessbaker

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 9

Good morning, all! I just finished a cake that has a little mermaid baby on top but I'm still struggling with making the faces on the babies. Does anyone use a baby face mold? Where can I get one? I've seen several on the internet but not sure which is the best.
Thanks in advance,
Cindy

8 replies
shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 9

I was looking at your cake and I thaught, I should ask her where she got her mold, lol.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 9

I'm thinking it would almost look more softer just indenting the fondant face slightly instead of actually painting eyes.lips etc....Then using a tiny brush dry brushing some pink for blush on cheeks etc...Do you know what I mean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-FACE-MOLDS-BODYsculptingINSTRUCTIONfor-BABY-fairy_W0QQitemZ110008852802QQihZ001QQcategoryZ75576QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cindww Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 9

Kiddiecakes, you could be right about just indenting instead of painting. I just bought a very tiny paintbrush today..maybe that will make a difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you for that website. I just placed an order and can't wait to see my baby molds. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I'm excited to get them and see!

Cindy

sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 9

You can make you own mold. Read down on the comments to find out how I made mine.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=sue_dye&cat=0&pos=43
LL

cindww Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 9

Awesome! I am going to try that, too!

sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 9

Here is another on I did with the same mold.
LL

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 5:53am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_dye

Here is another on I did with the same mold.

That is absolutely adorable! Thanks for the inspiration.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 17 Jul 2006 , 6:27am
post #9 of 9

Go to www.earlenescakes.com. She has the molds. Sue Dye's are actually much cuter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%