Mickey Mouse Sorcerer

Decorating By tblachly Updated 16 Jul 2006 , 8:06pm by Doug

tblachly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblachly Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 1:58am
post #1 of 7

Any ideas about making a mickey mouse sorcerer cake for my son's 5th birthday? Do they make cone shaped pans? How could that be incoporated to a wilton Mickey head pan? Or I even have ball shaped pan? Any ideas are welcomed!! Thanks

6 replies
veronelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronelly Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 2:02am
post #2 of 7

i would buy the wilton pan of mickey's head. Then bake a seperate sheet cake and cut that into a sorcerer hat and shape it with fondant to make it fit with the mickey head

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 2:10am
post #3 of 7

you have the ball pan .... good.

do you have or can borrow the wonder mold pan??

sketch:

wonder mold for body, cover in BC or fondant for robe

ball pan for head, build up nose (marischino cherry covered in black fondant for nose??)

hat: ice cream cone covered in fondant.

arms fondant draped of over pretzel RODs with fondant hands at end.

HTH
LL

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 2:13am
post #4 of 7

Wilton has introduced a Party Hat pan in the past year which might work for the Sorcerer's Apprentice Hat. It is listed in the Shop here on CC (though not yet available) if you want to have a look. I think it would fit very well on the Mickey Head pan. Here is the link:
http://shop.cakecentral.com/party-hat-pan-p-1310.html

Doug Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 3:15am
post #5 of 7

a little "background" enhancement for 3-D Sorcerer Mickey.

one (or more) of the brooms.

blob of fondant shaped and detailed for bristles of broom.

pretzel rod for the handle pushed into fondant so it will stand upright.

then hand do flat (wouldn't suggest 3-D due to weight) painted cutouts from fondant for arms and buckets. allow those to harden and then glue to back of rod w/ royal icing.

maybe little pieces of pretzel stick could be glued to front of fondant cut out to make it eaiser to match the pretzel rod handle.
LL

tblachly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblachly Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 7

Great ideas! I am not sure that I can be crafty enough for a 3-d Sorcerer. Looks challenging icon_eek.gif .
I think I can do the broomstick pretzels though to go along with a flat mickey head with a party hat shaped wizard hat thumbs_up.gif I am getting excited just thinking about it. Birthday is not til September tho.. I will post pics then.

Thanks for the thought so far, any more ideas? What about a sheet cake with a 3-d sorcerer's hat? How could I do that?

Doug Posted 16 Jul 2006 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblachly

What about a sheet cake with a 3-d sorcerer's hat? How could I do that?

plop a wonder mold cake on it and cover in fondant. the wonder mold is already the cone shape, just needs extending to a point with extra fondant.

as for 3-D mickey ...sports ball head would be held to wondermold body by one or two dowels. ice cream cone hat glued on w/ buttercream..

and then I'd go w/ foadant for the final covering and to allow easier time of detailing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%