How? Peggy Porschen Paper White Posies Cake

Decorating By ps3884 Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 8:18pm by stemps

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to make this cake? How do you think the sides are done? How do you make these flowers? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TIA,
-Penny
LL

4 replies
Hula_girl3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hula_girl3 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 5

It looks like those are flat pieces of Fondant or White Modeling Chocolate dyed green.
If I was making this I would dye 2 or 3 shades of green then roll out a slab of each color. Then take a ruler and cut them so the exact height or just a little taller then what your cake is. I would say 1/2 inch strips would be close or you could do 3/4 inch too, which ever your preference would be. Once you have a bunch of them cut just pick them up and start laying them right up to your buttercream or if its going on top of fondant just wet the underside a little so they stick.

As for the sugar flowers, I rarely make mine so I dont know the best advice to give. Those look like Daffadils so I would look for that cutter and use a ball tool and a piece of foam to curl the edges of your gumpaste like that then take more of the white gumpaste and roll a thin about to create the circle in the center. When dry pain the yellow center.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 5

Ok i have this book! The flowers are small stephanotis and the flower stems are 3 various shades of green. If you need more info PM me. HTH!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:49am
post #4 of 5

Thanks revel, I will pm you. Thanks Hula-girl3 for all your tips! I would really like to make this cake.

stemps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stemps Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 5

revel -

could you post the instructions in this thread? I'd love to give this cake a try also! Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%