Snicker Filling!!! Am I Crazy....!!!

Decorating By Aly24 Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 9:00am by Tartacadabra

Aly24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aly24 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:07am
post #1 of 12

Hey all,
Im in a bit of a dilema. Im doing a graduation cake in about a week and the kid wants a snicker filling, and wants real snickers included in the filling but doesnt want it to taste like "hes just eating a snicker" ????? icon_confused.gif Riiiight. SO. If anybody has ANY suggestion, PLEASE throw them out there.

Thanks SO MUCH eveyone,
Alyssa

11 replies
jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:15am
post #2 of 12

Hahahaha, that sounds like a real darned if you do, darned if you don't deal!

I would take a snickers bar and just chop it up really small, maybe even take it for a whirl in a food processor? Then I would spread a thin layer of caramel and sprinkle the snickers bits over it. Just a thought!?!

Okay yum... I am getting hungry thinking about snickers!!! icon_razz.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:26am
post #3 of 12

Just a thought. Maybe chop the snickers and add to carmel BC or reg. BC . So has the snickers but with frosting so alittle different.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:41am
post #5 of 12

why not melt the snicker add some confections suger and add a little penutbutter? for thickness i dont know just a idea

Aly24 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 7:49am
post #6 of 12

Hmmmm....those are good ideas.

I was also thinking about something with ganache. Like chopped up bits of snicker folded into whipped ganache.

Do you think that would work? Ive made poured ganache but never as a filling....any thoughts/tips?

icon_confused.gif

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:06am
post #7 of 12

Hi Aly24, I think that would be a great taste. I've used ganache also as a filling (just letting it cool and then whip) and it works great.
Another suggestion is buttercream (I don't know which one you girls use, I am from Holland icon_smile.gif ), with Nutella (chocolate/hazelnutspread) in it, tastes also really great!

Goodluck with the cake!!

Aly24 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 12

How long should I let the ganache cool for?

Ive tried this in the past and it didnt work out so well icon_sad.gif It kinda stayed liquidy even after i whipped it....

Tartacadabra Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 12

Depends how warm it is with you guys over there icon_wink.gif I normally let it cool down for an hour orso, can be even more. Otherwise you could make it the evening before!

Goodluck with it!

Aly24 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 12

Ok i tried the whipped ganache and let it cool for several hours. After i whipped it, it really didnt change much...it was still VERY think like the consistency of peanut butter. Not very much like i thought a whipped filling should be. Did i do something wrong?

icon_sad.gif

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 5:38am
post #11 of 12

Ok theres this thing call Nutella we Puertorricans eat that a lot, is chocolate with almonds but you dont feel the almonds!! anyway this thing taste awesome! You should try it! OR why not melt a snicker!

Tartacadabra Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 9:00am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly24

Ok i tried the whipped ganache and let it cool for several hours. After i whipped it, it really didnt change much...it was still VERY think like the consistency of peanut butter. Not very much like i thought a whipped filling should be. Did i do something wrong?

icon_sad.gif

Whipped ganache still stays very thick. If you want it to be more fluid, you can use whipped cream, whip it and poor a bit of the (melted) ganache through it, if it needs more, just add more till you like it. I would not through it away because the taste will probably right now be just fine.

GL, hope this works!!

Lara

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%