Bridal Shower Cake - $

Business By Love2Create Updated 18 Jul 2006 , 9:46pm by i_love_icing

Love2Create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2Create Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 5

How much would you charge for a Briday shower cake for 100 people?
I've never made a cake for that many people before and have no idea what to charge or how to figure it out.
Any suggestions would be great!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 5

Depend on how intricate you want to make it but for 100 people..That is alot of cake! Maybe tell us the design...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

Are you looking at doing a sheet cake or a tiered/stacked cake? What type of decorations? Are you going to be doing fondant or buttercream? Flowers? If flowers, are they buttercream, fondant, gumpaste?

A little more information about your design might help us help you with a price icon_smile.gif

Leily

Rebekka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebekka Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

Honestly, I charge per slice just as much as I would for a wedding cake. I don't have a seperate pricing system for party cakes, and I have a minimum order of $75. I just can't afford doing a ton of small cakes and it it not worth my time...the customer has to make it worth my time by paying me lots of money, haha!

i_love_icing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_love_icing Posted 18 Jul 2006 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

I'm with the others...it depends on what's involved. But I would charge per serving as with a wedding cake.

But really I just wanted to say wow, that's a lot of people at a shower icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%