I Think I May Have Cracked The Sugarveil Recipe......maybe

Baking By Somethin-Sweet Updated 21 Sep 2015 , 6:22pm by ChrystysCreations

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:47am
post #61 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

OK, so this is post 15 which should finish off page 4. If someone makes 1 more post after this, will that let page 5 show up?

I think so. The corrupted page would become p6 and, of course, still a dead link.

eta: hm, interesting, my post became p5 but the corrupted page vanished rather than becoming p6. Maybe it just gets overwritten, since there is no data on it anyway. Which is good news, because that means that error will no longer occur. Huh, I didn't realize it was that easy to solve the corrupted-last-page problem for threads...just overwrite the corrupted pages...??!! Well hopefully things won't change + I won't have to eat my words when I log in again tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:55am
post #62 of 287
Quote:

OK, so this is post 15 which should finish off page 4. If someone makes 1 more post after this, will that let page 5 show up?

Yes, page 5 will show up again....

But it won't be the original page 5 that was lost/erased in the crash - that page of posts is gone forever!
(Only the page number remains, and the new posts will fill it up.)

HTH

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 9:10am
post #63 of 287
Quote:

I have to work one more day to finish my work week off, then I hope to play with this some myself. I would like to do a Halloween cake with spider webs made from sugarveil. I don' usually like to put things on my cakes which couldn't be cut through and served with the cake but if this works well for me, I may make an exception this once.

I don't understand what you mean by this . . . I was under the impression that sugarveil is edible . . . so why can't you cut and serve it with the cake . . . inquiring minds . . . .

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #64 of 287

Sugerveil can be eaten. It might crack a tad when cutting, but you can eat it. It tastes a little better than Royal Icing and it is not quite as hard.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:26pm
post #65 of 287

Thanks for getting me in the thread.
Anyone else tried this?

Could you use gelatin sheets instead of powdered gelatin to help with the dissolving?

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 5:57pm
post #66 of 287

Would love to hear if anyone else tried this? I never had much luck with SugarVeil either.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:20pm
post #67 of 287

Nope, still having problems with the "No posts exist for this topic." It's not solved, but at least I know why and can get in, too.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 10:56pm
post #68 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

I don't understand what you mean by this . . . I was under the impression that sugarveil is edible . . . so why can't you cut and serve it with the cake . . . inquiring minds . . . .

I tried all the old tricks and can't see page 6. icon_cry.gif

to answer the above question....sorry, I guess I should explain, I am a die-hard buttercream decorator so I lovingly refer to any, gumpaste, fondant, royal, or now sugarveil, as non edible. Yes, it is edible, it is just a me thing. I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 11:19pm
post #69 of 287

Well I guess whatever corrupts the thread will always be hanging around in the thread, so as originally predicted, p6 is now the one that "doesn't exist". I'm not sure why, for a while, there was no corrupted page, but obviously it's back.

But the point is, you're not missing anything! All new posts are here, in order, they all fall into line before the dead page thumbs_up.gif

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:14am
post #70 of 287

thankyou so much reddhotmummer for postering that recipe for the sugarveil icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #71 of 287

So, have any of you guys tried this yet? I am making my son a Spiderman Cake for his 3rd B. Day, and would LOVE to make the spiderweb like on Amazing Wedding Cakes. Please let me know if this stuff works!

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 7:10pm
post #72 of 287

I'm curious too... for the same reason LOL

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 7:47pm
post #73 of 287

Anyone tried???? Bump, bump, bump!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:19am
post #74 of 287

I tried it and it didn't work! icon_sad.gif It dried like Royal Icing and cracked when trying to move it. Good try, though!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:54pm
post #75 of 287

dellboi2u came up with something she says works, and it looks very nice in the photo. The recipe is here - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7282-Gummy-Spider-Webs.html

7yyrt Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:57pm
post #76 of 287

There is a corrected recipe - The one I posted forgot to add 2 cups melted marshmallows (4 cups before melting).

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:17pm
post #77 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

There is a corrected recipe - The one I posted forgot to add 2 cups melted marshmallows (4 cups before melting).

Are you talking about the one that was posted on the Home page? They forgot to add marshmallow?

7yyrt Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 11:31pm
post #78 of 287

Yes, she's trying to get the recipe corrected. She put a thread here somewhere... Found it!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-607919-gummy.html+web

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:12am
post #79 of 287

Aw snap! No wonder my webs didn't turn out today, I must have printed the recipe before the marshmallows were added. Oh well, I was just making cupcakes and a cake for the school cake walk. My daughter and i made molded spiders instead. We'll try the recipe again soon.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #80 of 287

Here's the updated (complete) Gummy Spider Webs recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7283-2-Gummy-Spider-Webs-with-marshmallows.html

Here's the original recipe:
(Need to add marshmallows to the list of ingredients.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7282-1-Gummy-Spider-Webs.html

HTH

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:33pm
post #81 of 287

Thank you so much for the correction!!!!

OMG, dale you are funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:37am
post #82 of 287

Thanks,

VinaBaby75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VinaBaby75 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 5:28am
post #83 of 287

please icon_cry.gif
What is MM?

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:16am
post #84 of 287

Has anyone ever tried making marshmellow filling and using it as sugarveil?

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm
post #85 of 287

me to me to what happened did it work

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:46pm
post #86 of 287

Hello,

I just discovered Sugerveil but I can't get them to answer me as to if they can mail to me (in Canada) via USPS....

so instead I'd like to try this recipe that is on this thread, but I was hoping someone could confirm/clarify the measurements.

here is the recipe i found:

3 egg whites
1Tbsp Cream of Tartar
2lbs Powder Sugar
1 pkg Gelatin (dissolved in a little bit of water)
2 cups MM (melted)

I read that the eggs are REAL eggs, that part is fine, so is the Cream of Tarter.

As far as the Gelatin goes how many tsp or tbs is that? I've noticed various sizes of gelatin powder so want to be sure of the quantity.

And for the marshmellows - is that 2 cups of melted mm or 2 cups before melting? I read somewhere that it might actually be 4 cups of unmelted????

How long roughly do you mix (in an electric mixer?)

7yyrt Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:33pm
post #87 of 287

The recipe uses 2 cups melted marshmallows (4 cups before melting).
The packets of gelatin are just shy of 2 1/2 teaspoons, .25 oz.
---------
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, this thread is corrupted. The last page will not show, you will need to go back (at least) one page to read the thread.

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 8:05pm
post #88 of 287

thanks 7yrt for clarifying!

I still haven't heard from Sugarveil!!!!!!

adrigaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrigaby Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #89 of 287

Hi !
Is this thread working ????

dayse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dayse Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 3:32pm
post #90 of 287

Okay I am new to this forum and discovery. On the ingredients it says
2 cups of MM does anyone know what is it? I thinking it not M&M right?
Can someone clarify it for me. I just found out about sugarveil last nite when I was on YouTube seaching for some letter cutter machine.
Thxs
Dayse

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%