Sheeter

Business By thedessertdiva Updated 2 Jun 2007 , 3:31pm by MichelleM77

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 8

Without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars, is there a good dough/fondant sheeter out there for home bakers? I know of pasta roller machines, but I think those are only single pass machines, and we would need a reverseable or multi-pass machine correct? Or would those work?Any suggestions?

7 replies
noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 8

i've just borrowed my mom's dough machine i'm gonna give it a go but it is not very wide seems it might work best for things like flowers and small pieces.... i think a big ole pizza rolling machine like they have at pizza places would be great for the big pieces to cover large cakes
but i can't imagine the cost of that! too bad i can't sneak in and try it at casey's pizza lol
Jen

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 8

I would kill for a deal on a sheeter. This is my number one desire. I looked at crummy, greasy used ones for a couple grand!!!!!! icon_eek.gif Searching on E-bay has been sort of successful but someone has always out-bid me.
I'm going to watch this topic----thanks for starting it, dessertdiva.
P.S. I used to live in Cannon Beach!! You're very lucky to live where you do.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 8

I love it love it love it here...specially coming from Northern Cali...

I heard that the smaller hand crank pasta machines are a good thing to have handy, but those look so small. Maybe I'll pick one up and see just how useful it is. Ive seen them at the kitchen specialty shops for about 40.00. Cant hurt, right?

I'll keep checking ebay too...and craigslist.

Chef_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Mommy Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 12:32am
post #5 of 8

I was just searching Ebay for one on these today. They are expensive and BIG but I stilll want one soooo bad.

Jackie

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 12:39am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

I heard that the smaller hand crank pasta machines are a good thing to have handy, but those look so small. Maybe I'll pick one up and see just how useful it is. Ive seen them at the kitchen specialty shops for about 40.00. Cant hurt, right?.

I got mine at the craft store and used a 40% off coupon. I think it was around $15. They are cheap, but it hasn't fallen apart on me and I'm not very nice to it. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 3:41am
post #7 of 8

There are smaller table fondant sheeters but I haven't checked out the prices I have a pasta machine and I don't like it.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 8

Check out restaurant supply stores in your area. I googled and found a bunch of places downtown that I didn't know were even there. They have used equipment for a good price (I'm looking at rolling bakery racks myself).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%