Boobah Cake

Decorating By momtoabby Updated 19 Feb 2005 , 5:50am by tcturtleshell

momtoabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtoabby Posted 28 Nov 2004 , 12:51am
post #1 of 8

I am needing some help with a request for a birthday cake..... My co-worker wants a Boobah cake for her son's 1st birthday party. At first she wanted 50 cupcakes decorated like a boobah, then i convinced her to let me assemble them into 1 big boobah. But i need some ideas, hints, advice.......anything anyone can give me would be appreciated!

If you do a search for Boobah, you will get a few pictures.

Thank you so much for any help!

~Dana thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 28 Nov 2004 , 2:22am
post #2 of 8

The only thing you can do is see if your able to find a coloring book at Wal-Mart of some place like that... That you could get a photo out of and trace that on to your #1 group of cupcakes if that is what your going to do or on to a cake.. What you would do is unless you have a cake projector take a piece of wax paper and your photo and some clear piping gel and your tip and icing bag and with the piping gel outline the image on the wax paper then take and turn the wax paper over on to your iced cake and then rub your hand across it to make the cake then peel the wax paper off and toss then outline your gel with your color of this boobah and then fill it in .... I would use the Glaze that I am always talking about to fill this boobah in with.. If I can help any more let me know or email me..

tachita5005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tachita5005 Posted 28 Nov 2004 , 2:34am
post #3 of 8

I am sure that you can find a Boobah coloring book at walmart or you can actually see the real Boobah toy there too, I don't think it will be hard to replicate a BOobah, I will start by icing the cupcakes and setting them (on the board) in the shape of the boobah (after you seen them, you realize that they look like a big blob with legs and a small head with two huge eyes), Then i will use either a air brush or a can of Wilton spray to color the shape of the boobah, than just accentuate the details like the big eyes and the little dots in between the eyes. Another solution is to make a buttercream transfer on to the cupcakes.

Let me know how it looks once you finish,

Good luck

momtoabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtoabby Posted 28 Nov 2004 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you for the advice..... I will post the picture when it's finished!!!

Everyone is so helpful on this message board!

~Dana

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 3 Jan 2005 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 8

here are some other great cakes I found on the web:

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Jan 2005 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 8

You could also start with the wilton sport ball pan and the mini ball pan and carve the Boobah from there!! Just a thought!

dalt-dill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalt-dill Posted 16 Jan 2005 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 8

If anyone Can find out anything about a Boobah cake, please let me know. I am trying to find one or a design for my sons 1st birthday party.
I've searched, and haven't had any sucess icon_sad.gif I would appreciate any help or info. Thanks

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 19 Feb 2005 , 5:50am
post #8 of 8

Where did you find that cake Jackie? My 15 yr old loves those silly Boobah's. I got her the pink one for Christmas. I would love to make that cake for her... she's getting braces in 2 wks..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%