Totally Exhuasted But I Am Done!

Baking By freddyfl Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 4:26am by eriksmom

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 12:42am
post #31 of 49

They are adorable!!! My daughter would FLIP over the Clifford cookies... she's almost 2... thumbs_up.gif

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:00am
post #32 of 49

They look great!!!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:13am
post #33 of 49

I love your cookies. My girls still love to watch Clifford & Arthur. They are 8 & 9. Wishbone came on the other day; my 14 year old watched it with her sisters. I watch cartoons still; every chance I get. My newest fav is Handy Manny. Thank you for your directions. I hope can get it copied into a word program to save it.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:19am
post #34 of 49

Absolutely amazing! They should be selling those cookies for a lot more! of course little kids don't usually carry $5 on them..... LOL! FABULOUS job!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:34am
post #35 of 49

I've been doing bake sales for years and even though we always sell out the total $$ at the end doesn't seem like much for all the work it took. Then a new parent joined our PTA and she said we should "take donations" instead of selling the items individually. We were skeptical, but decided to give it a try. Well....we went from making $40 total to making $400 total!!! In one morning! It seems that people who will balk at paying .50 cents for a cookie or brownie, will hand you a $5 or $10 and tell you to keep the change when you're just "taking donations"! Who knew??!! Give it a try, the difference is amazing thumbs_up.gif

BTW, your cookies are totally awesome!! icon_biggrin.gif

crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 2:05am
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey2000

I've been doing bake sales for years and even though we always sell out the total $$ at the end doesn't seem like much for all the work it took. Then a new parent joined our PTA and she said we should "take donations" instead of selling the items individually. We were skeptical, but decided to give it a try. Well....we went from making $40 total to making $400 total!!! In one morning! It seems that people who will balk at paying .50 cents for a cookie or brownie, will hand you a $5 or $10 and tell you to keep the change when you're just "taking donations"! Who knew??!! Give it a try, the difference is amazing thumbs_up.gif

BTW, your cookies are totally awesome!! icon_biggrin.gif

Absolutely! Most people are generous when it's voluntary. A beautiful decorated cookie as a thank you gift for the donation.
Of course you have to get all the other mother's to agree. That's the real challenge icon_wink.gif

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 3:55am
post #37 of 49

They are too pretty to eat. Fantastic job!

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #38 of 49

Thanks everyone. They did sell out, but it took a while. There was a really LOW turn out at the carnival. I think it is because this is such a nice weekend people went out and did other things. Oh and I was right, they sold them for 2 tickets, which equals fifty cents, but that is okay.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 12:27pm
post #39 of 49

Your cookies are adorable!!! My kiddos would love these--they are funny, though, they probably would not want to eat them but play with them--lol

I know what you mean about the pricing. I did the Collete Peters(I think it was hers) cactus cake and they tried to sell it for $15, but had to knock it down to $10. I was fine with that since it was my first cake and I wanted to try it, but did not want it at the house or else I'd eat it. I love jus creating.

Great cookies!

jumbosgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumbosgirl Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:43pm
post #40 of 49

WOW!!! These are great!!

TheCakeSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeSmith Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:52pm
post #41 of 49

Those are absolutly adorable!! Great job!
My ONE attempt at cookies went horribly and I haven't had the nerve to try again. icon_cool.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:56pm
post #42 of 49

great cookies, good job! The kids will love them!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #43 of 49

These cookies are just perfect. You should have no problem getting orders if you wanted to.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #44 of 49

Those are absolutely adorable! Great work. thumbs_up.gif And you're not alone - I think we can all use an "ego boost." It helps validate all those hours you spent decorating. icon_biggrin.gif It also makes you feel like all your hard work is appreciated - especially since this was a donation!

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:54pm
post #45 of 49

Wow! Beautiful job thumbs_up.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:13am
post #46 of 49

Thank you everyone.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:17am
post #47 of 49

These cookies are sooo cute!! Awesome job!!

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:17am
post #48 of 49

They are awesome! Job well done!

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:26am
post #49 of 49

Are you kidding?! I still like Arthur! Those are great looking cookies, and I'm sure they'll be the talk of the bake sale!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%