Figuring Out A Wedding Cake Picture...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 1 Jun 2007 , 1:00am by BlakesCakes

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 31 May 2007 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 4

Bride possibly wants the pictured cake as her wedding cake. (Sorry, this was e-mailed to me by the MOB, and I have no idea where it came from, so I can't give props to the decorator!) If you look closely, it looks as if there are curved hearts along the edges of the cake? I am assuming these are royal icing hearts, maybe made on a curved surface? And can anyone tell the size of those tiers?

Anyone else have any ideas? I've never done those, so I'm a little scared to tell the bride, "Yes, I Can!"

TIA!
<S>
LL

3 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 31 May 2007 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 4

the hearts look like they may be piped royal. To get them curved you would pipe over a curved former. I have a large orange PVC pipe cut in half, that would be great to make these on.

You could prbably get a lace mould to make the hearts and dry the same way.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 31 May 2007 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 4

It could be a 14in, 12in, 10 in.....but your sizes will dependon how many it needs to serve.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

I did similar hearts in the Master's at Wilton. We made a paper template of the heart, taped it to the curved outside of a large flower former, piped the heart in royal (I forget which tip, but I think a 12, 14, or a large round like a 7,8, or 9 would work well), let it dry for a day or so, and then applied royal flowers that we'd made a few days before. They were pretty delicate--make many extras.

You can't appreciate the curve much in my photos, but the heart was attached to the cake with royal at the 2 curves and at the bottom point.

Rae
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%