Need Housewarming Ideas Fast!!!!!

Decorating By shortstuff Updated 13 Jul 2006 , 10:59pm by shortstuff

shortstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortstuff Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 2:40am
post #1 of 10

i need ideas for a housewarming cake that is simple and has a maximum offour colours in it...... help me please, pics would be appreciated thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 2:46am
post #2 of 10

I did a search for housewarming cakes in the gallery. Maybe there are a few that you could get some inspiration from. Here's the link:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=housewarming

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 3:04am
post #3 of 10

what about a white cake with...

writing that looks like a cross stitch sampler and says either:

Home Sweet Home

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-17,GGLD:en&q=cross%20stitch%20home%20sweet%20home&sa=N&tab=wi
or

Bless This House

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=50&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2005-17%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=cross+stitch+bless+this+house

the writing would be lots little x's and then could add little designs like a house, etc.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 10

I was thinking of drawing the house on the cake, if you could get a picture from the realtor or something. But, I like the home sweet home sampler idea a lot!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 10

I haven't made this, so I don't know for sure how simple it is, but I have Collette's book with that ball cactus cake and I think it's just adorable. Only 3 colors, green, yellow, and pink. Of course, you'd need a flower pot and some "dirt". The cactus flower is royal icing and so are the spines. The cactus itself is a ball covered in (I think) tip 18 pull out stars. Then you put your royal icing spines (or needles, or whatever you call them) in the tips of the stars, stick your flower on somewhere. It's soooo cute, and I've always wanted an excuse to try it.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Jul 2006 , 12:02am
post #6 of 10

What about a pretty welcome mat? You could put different colored flowers around it.

Good lUck!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 11 Jul 2006 , 4:33am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

What about a pretty welcome mat? You could put different colored flowers around it.

Good lUck!

Bummer...mmdd beat me to it! I think a pretty welcome mat would be great, especially on a sheet cake.

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:44am
post #8 of 10

You could make a letterbox with the house number on it.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:59am
post #9 of 10

Another "home sweet home" idea: could do a bee hive

idea inspired by this image >> cross stitch sampler bee hive

could be flat like that image or 3-D like this (and may other in the CC galleries) >> lovetobake's bee hive cake

shortstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shortstuff Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:59pm
post #10 of 10

thanks alot guys i really appreciate it..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%