Kahlua Filling Recipe...easy To Make,anyone Have One???

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 12:29am by ameena

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Nov 2004 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 7

I am in search of an Easy Kahlua filling recipe for a chocolate cake.I have Kahlua liquer on hand already and would like to use that as I don't have any Kahlua flavoring.Something like a mousse etc.I really don't want a recipe that requires 3 hours of boiling and expensive ingredients.an anyone help?? PM if you have one!!

Thanks to all!!!

6 replies
Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 16 Jan 2005 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 7

I worked at a Bakery called the "Virtuous Woman Bakery" in NJ and they specialize in Sweet potatoe pies and cheesecakes and also the Kahlua Bundt cake. I know that she made the cake and put some Kahlua in there and also in the icing. It was a regular buttercream icing (you can go to Wilton.com for a recipe or Martha Stewart.com for icing) and then she added the Kahlua liquor in it and whipped up some more to corporate it. Of course I don't have her secret recipe but I made many of those cakes. I would frost the whole bundt cake with it (even insdie the hole) and it was delicious.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jan 2005 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 7

Ah... yes the Kahlua filling saga!! I ended up filling the cake with Kahlua flavored Buttercream and it turned out great!! The customer really loved it!!Thanks for your comments.

Laurel icon_smile.gif

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 17 Jan 2005 , 1:25am
post #4 of 7

It is so interesting that you posted a question about kalhua fillings. I just posted a Kalhua rapberr cream filling on this site. It's simple to make and yummy.

princess.gif

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 20 Jan 2005 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 7

I am new to this board and when I saw Kahlua I had to post. I use it in my recipe when I make tiramisu.

Mable_21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mable_21 Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 7

So for the Kaluha filling.. how much did you use? Does it becaome really thin? I am trying to make my own wedding cake and I'm in search for unusual tasty fillings and cakes!

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 12:29am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mable_21

So for the Kaluha filling.. how much did you use? Does it becaome really thin? I am trying to make my own wedding cake and I'm in search for unusual tasty fillings and cakes!

No way! I'm going to make my own cake too!

Here is the link to the recipe that I posted. You don't need a lot of kaluha. It was thick because of the cool whip.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1951-20-Kahlua-Raspberry-Cream-filling.html

Two other delicious fillings that I will be using for my wedding cake are:

Grand marnier strawberry filling:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1952-42-Strawberry-Glaze-with-Grand-Marnier.html

And the almond custard filling:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-695-0-Almond-Custard-Filling.html[url][/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%